Best online stores to order computer parts from (1 Viewer)

Makro

Porcupine
HSC
the 5xxx series is not stupid. It's for futureproofing. Regardless of dx11, the 5xxx cards are still better than their NVIDIA counterparts. Nvidia are getting rolled, and they're fighting back once they release their GTX 3xx series.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
hahahahahahahah an nvidia card are you fucking high
nVidia has better driver support in Linux, but worse business practices, and in the post above yours I switched to an ATI Radeon 5870 anyway dude.

the 5xxx series is not stupid. It's for futureproofing. Regardless of dx11, the 5xxx cards are still better than their NVIDIA counterparts. Nvidia are getting rolled, and they're fighting back once they release their GTX 3xx series.
Indeed. I want a card that will still be good in 4 years time, because that's the next time I'll probably buy a new comp.

And if it does fall behind I can just buy another one when it is cheap and Crossfire it.

Last edited:

Makro

Porcupine
HSC
If you're on windows, you needn't worry about driver support. For mac/linux it's probably better to get a Nvidia card unless you know your ATI will work for it. We're branching too far off though.

mr-r34

HSC
Corsair psu ftw bro, don't cheap out and buy something for like 50 bux, that you might regret later:hammer:. Corsair are a bit expensive but are one of the best brands for psu, as for case have a look at the lancool k62, cost bout 160 and i really like the design and style.

Makro

Porcupine
HSC
Corsair's really getting into quality. Vantec are the most cost-efficient ones. I got my 520W 40A for $65.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Corsair psu ftw bro, don't cheap out and buy something for like 50 bux, that you might regret later:hammer:. Corsair are a bit expensive but are one of the best brands for psu, as for case have a look at the lancool k62, cost bout 160 and i really like the design and style.
I wouldnt give two shits if the case looked cool, as long as it has enough vents for cooling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)