Best part time job? (1 Viewer)

LazyBoy

HSC
What do you think the best part time job is?

I work at a pub, and i have to say i love it. I get excercise, i meet lots of people, (including beeing sexually harassed my hot girls..shocking ay ;) One of the few jobs where there is a very good chance of finding a $50 bill on the floor and i get a free beer after every close i do. Its a guys dream job i think. Free beer, great money, lots to perve on and listen to great music while doing it..

what about you guys?

golfstick

balbrady's balbarer
HSC
N/A
Barwork is pretty good yeah, except you have to work late, they're smoky if your unlucky to work in a smoking area (which cancels out any exercise you might get) and you miss your own social nights out if you haven't got the roster-guy wrapped around your little finger

theone123

blue essence
HSC
you need a RSA aye?

anyway do you's know any places that offer a bar job without needing the bar exp.?

LazyBoy

HSC
lol trust me the smoke doesnt cancel out the excercise. in my first week i lost 4 kilos. and every week im getting alot more toned, and alot more stamina. The place i work at doesnt require an RSA for the floor but they just hired 20 new staffers. Also golf stick the late shifts are good cause im always up late as i am now. lol. not to mention great pay. I still get to go out because i only work one friday or one sat not both. then i work during the week.

VanCarBus

~--> Quincy <--~
HSC
tutoring ~ theres no customer contact. The student just listens to u, regardless of what u have to say

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
VanCarBus said:
tutoring ~ theres no customer contact. The student just listens to u, regardless of what u have to say
lol agreed. one of the people i tutor thinks i am some genius dude. :p wtf!!?! ;)

Jase

HSC
i mow lawns. riding the sit-on mower. awesome fun. except when you run over plants and stuff...

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
Part time TAFE teaching is pretty good, I did part time teaching for a while before going full time, only problem is holidays but if you are keen they can put you on some commercial projects where there are no holidays.

Unfortunately you have to have certain pieces of paper before you can teach in TAFE.

LazyBoy

HSC
VanCarBus said:
haha yeah tutoring is easy. i do that aswell. good job, also good pay.

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
Its certainly not working at a ridiculously understaffed, busy cafe with an antagonistic culture.

I cant believe I did that for a whole year.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
i reckon working a small video store (not videzy, civic, etc) would be awesome. File some movies, watch some movies, loan some movies, watch more movies

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
I liked working at Sanity as a xmas casual. It was practically my dream part-time job cos you don't have to do much.

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
Professional manwhore (female clients only thanks).

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
mr_brightside said:
i reckon working a small video store (not videzy, civic, etc) would be awesome. File some movies, watch some movies, loan some movies, watch more movies
"Do you have that movie with the guy and that gun, you know the one I'm talking about"

"Do you have that movie with that guy from that movie that came out last year?"

I know I wouldn't last long in that job.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
funky_a said:
I liked working at Sanity as a xmas casual. It was practically my dream part-time job cos you don't have to do much.
was different at store i worked at!!
Standing for hours on end... continually unpacking stock... a customer EVERY TWO FUCKIN SECONDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!............*breathes in*......be calm *breathes out*

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
mr_brightside said:
was different at store i worked at!!
Standing for hours on end... continually unpacking stock... a customer EVERY TWO FUCKIN SECONDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!............*breathes in*......be calm *breathes out*
Oh yeah, I got that a lot as well, but I found it ok, nothing that I can complain about. But asshole customers and the manager? THAT is an entirely different story.

mattyg87

HSC
i work at hoyts, its pretty good, especially on weekdays...at the most we have about 20 customers in the whole complex at once, so we barely do any work..its such a bludge but it drags on and on

HSC
i work at lone star steakhouse and saloon and im a male hostess :S easy shit, i just stay on the computer board and boss the girls around :D but u get the work with pretty cool people.....though the managers suck ass and the pay is crap. Easy money though

people want me to get a job a jb hi fi though because im always correcting the people that work there about cd's and recent cd's etc, they get pissed off coz i tell them how to do their job lol :D

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)