• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

best PDA type for use on the wards (1 Viewer)

vodkacrumble

shiftworker
HSC
goin' post crazeh.

i'm looking at investing in a PDA at the end of the year to use on the wards, can anyone recommend whether it's best to get Palm/Windows/Other OS?
either through your own experience or word of mouth.

i've had a Palm before and I quite liked it, i guess i just wouldn't like a Windows based PDA because i use a Mac at home and would feel a little dirty :(

i wouldn't mind getting one of those crazy PDA/phone combined thingos, but the only ones Palm have are absolutely huge. and not pretty. and have a big fat antenna.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Yeah I've been looking at a PDA but all these Windows Mobile devils have been coming out and I just refuse to use them. Sadly, this means I still have no PDA. Hmm...

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
windows mobile..

esp the skyscape stuff... runs only on windows..

Prankster9015

HSC
N/A
I reckon Windows Mobile far surpasses any Palm device. This is supported by the fact that the new Palm Treos are jumping ship and are switching to windows mobile 5 rather than Palm OS. Personally I have a Palm OS device and a Windows Mobile Device and i think that Windows mobile allows for more customization and freedom. Palm OS is very restricting. Although you guys being medical students, I cannot comment on the software you need. I recommend Dell Axim Mid (ppc) or I-Mate Jam (phone/ppc combo; small form factor, performs reasonably). (Plus in your free time you can rip a DVD from your collection, to watch on the go)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)