Best Physics Textbooks (1 Viewer)

Dragie

HSC
So what do you guys reckon are the best textbooks for the HSC course. Currently I use Jacaranda (which seems to be the most common) and as a guideline, Excel. I'm not too sure about Excel though coz many teachers believe it's too sketchy while others consider it the bible...what do you reckon?

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I agree with you, excel is not that good, so only refer to it, if you're lacking material from jacaranda. Having said that, jacaranda is probably THE best physics textbook for the HSC course, it has nice diagrams and definitions too. :)

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Jacaranda is hands down the best. Syllabus in the front with page numbers, covers almost everything. It's far superior to the Macquarie books we used before.

I usually use HSC Online as a second source if necessary - its cheap and easy to access.

I_F

sasquatch

HSC
Jacaranda pisses me off.. It has too many mistakes in both writing, equations, questions and the answers.... (we have the first edition...cuz our school is cheap)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
sasquatch said:
Jacaranda pisses me off.. It has too many mistakes in both writing, equations, questions and the answers.... (we have the first edition...cuz our school is cheap)
You should get the latest edition yourself (2nd?... can't be bothered to check =P), much better than the first one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)