Best places to eat at UNSW (1 Viewer)

Farnarcle

Yeh, the library lawn coffee cart hsa really got me hooked on the stuff. It was the first place I got it and I haven't changed since, and I still go up there even if I'm at the other end of the campus. They'll know me by name soon, lol. Plus, its nice to sit on the grass in the sun and chill for an hour or so. I'm up there religiously on Wed and Thurs mornings after Physics or Maths.

And the DIY sandwiches are cool. Just a word of advice. Alphapha does not go with much. If anything have it alone. I've made that mistake. :)

jay2000

Highest Member
HSC
Badabagan is gross!!:( :( :(
last time i ate there i saw a whole bloody cockroach nest or something...like 15 or 20 of the things just swarming out of a hole in the wall...right next to where i was sitting....ughhhh

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
Originally posted by Ragerunner
oral blitzes? ;)
hahah not the type of oral ur thinking abt dave ;) haha

Originally posted by Farnarcle
Yeh, the library lawn coffee cart hsa really got me hooked on the stuff. It was the first place I got it and I haven't changed since, and I still go up there even if I'm at the other end of the campus. They'll know me by name soon, lol. Plus, its nice to sit on the grass in the sun and chill for an hour or so. I'm up there religiously on Wed and Thurs mornings after Physics or Maths.
sitting on grass with freinds... soaking up the sun with coffee... its a pretty good way to relax between lects :p

addz

HSC
truly-in-bliss, you need to get this info published
:)

i must say personally, i've been tryingt o go around and try something here and there...its pretty good..cept i spent like 30-40 bux a week (4 days) on food..thats uncool

nifty03

HSC
that place in the food court near CLB, where u can get chicken, chips, wedges etc, whatever it's called..
that one is the best!

sunny

meh.
HSC
Originally posted by nifty03
that place in the food court near CLB, where u can get chicken, chips, wedges etc, whatever it's called..
that one is the best!
Thats the Badabagan....or "the place at commerce courtyard" :D

theone123

blue essence
HSC
get ur lunch at home and bring it the the lawn at scientia, thats the best place to eat, nothing beats home food, u gotta love that :D:D:D

@lbert3269

I like it how you flash your student card and get a discount of 20c or so on food. Uni is so looking after our wallets. :D

The Badabagan is always so busy and crowded whenever i get there.. that's probably the only bad thing.

Btw, where do you get sushi from and how much does it cost ?

sunny

meh.
HSC
Its in the Badabagan! Its on this little refrigerated shelf next to the pizza place...its like $2 or something.

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
So far, my fav. place gotta be the round house- great value, more variety. but it's soooo far down!

I don't like Th Arcade- it's boring and overpriced. Laksa there's shxt.

The DIY sandwiches are fun too! Okay price, but sometimes when you are in a rush, it's annoying.

Coffee outside the library lawn's not too bad too :) got a Mocha last time, have to say it was pretty good.

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by @lbert3269
I like it how you flash your student card and get a discount of 20c or so on food. Uni is so looking after our wallets. :D

The Badabagan is always so busy and crowded whenever i get there.. that's probably the only bad thing.

you flash your student card and you still get charged the DIY sandwiches $14/kg!

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
Originally posted by @lbert3269

there is a sushi bar in the roundhouse... right next to uni bar....

u can also get sushi from the convinience store inside matthews food court.... its in one of those big fridges.. along with sandwhiches etc

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
dudes... u gotta try the satay kebab with rice in the foodcourt next to zippy's.... its awesome... and its only 5.60...

@lbert3269

Hmm.. i gotta try build my own sandwich one day. Sounds heaps fun and healthy too.

How do they price each individual sandwich built ? $/Kg rite ? So does that mean we can get all the goodies and pack it on which will end up costing the same ?

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
umm.. they charge it by weight.... so they weigh it in the end...

but this is what i susualli get:

-2 slices of whoemeal bread (u can get bred rolls/round rolls etc)
- lettuce
- cheese
- sweet chillie chicken
- 1 slice of turkey
- 1 slice of ham

and datz usualli abt 2 bucks..... though i dont completeli pile it up.. cuz i find its hard to eat it when the sandwhich is too thick... but yeah.. for 2 bucks.. u can get a decent lunch.. datz realli good value :p

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
I usually get:

- 2 slices of white bread
- lettuce
- 2 slices of ham
- 2 slices of salami
- 2 slices of chicken
- pieces of chicken
- cheese
- butter

no sauce

It's huge but nice to eat :D

But lately I've stopped buying it. I'm trying to eat as much unhealthy food's as I can lol.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Ragerunner

But lately I've stopped buying it. I'm trying to eat as much unhealthy food's as I can lol.
see thats sometimes doesnt work if u have a fast metabolism...I eat plenty but I never go past that 60kg mark ive been hovering over
u'll only get heart problems later :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)