best private school in city-hornsby. (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Hey guys,
My cousin is starting school soon and she lives in the hornsby area, and her parents want to put her in a private school around that area (even in the city area as they work there & can drop her off).
I don't live around there but I do know some girls who go to private schools there.
I was just wondering if anyone had any advice on what school is the best in that area for girls? A school that is both really good academically but isn't really that snobby or anything?
My uncle & aunty were tossing up between:
-Pymble Ladies
-Ravenswood
-Abbotsleigh
-Roseville
-SCEGGS
-Ascham (heard its heaps bitchy but)
-Wenona

So it would be heaps great if anyone could give me any advice on which is the best academically + socially? :)

zombies

HSC
Wenona is ranked in the 20-30s, so I guess it's decent academically, the girls are all really nice and since its a small school everyone knows each other really well, but it is a bit snobby in my opinion.

apollo1

Banned
HSC
Where's Barker College on that list. best school ever. its in HOrnsby as well lol. how did you miss that.

HSC
N/A
My cousins starting Kindergarten at the school... so it needs to be K-12 and LOL Barker is only for boys in kindy so yeah not for her haha.

deebsm

HSC
From my experience, it would be better since your cousin is only going into kindy, she should go maybe into a public school? Like Wahroonga Public School :p haha it was a great school for me and it will be missed.

But if your aunt and uncle are still wanting to go to a private school, I would say any of those would be suitable but as she grows older it will get more expensive.

HSC
N/A
Yeah I think she should start at a public school as well but they want to send her to a private high school so they just think it would be easier for her to go to the same primary :p Their number one choice at the moment is Abbotsleigh but I don't know anyone who goes there so I have no idea how its like :L

deebsm

HSC
Well when people go to high school, there will be new people but there will be some who continue on....

I know that Abbotsleigh has big grades... but that is all I know... and I live in Hornsby. But from what I have heard, it is a decent school.

Good luck :)

HSC
N/A
Oh does Abbotsleigh have big grades? haha my friend at Pymble Ladies told me their school was the largest one!

deebsm

HSC
Well I heard that this year the year 12 had 150+ or something... im not too sure so dont quote me on it. But i think most private schools have large grades. But im not sure about the junior school part.

HSC
N/A
Haha 150 people isnt that bad I guess! I think I have like 130 in my grade atm :) Yeah there would be a lot less in younger grades I think... what school do you go to btw?

deebsm

HSC
Haha i went to Pacific Hills Christian School. And we only had a grade of 60 :p

what about you?

chevlr

HSC
From my experience, it would be better since your cousin is only going into kindy, she should go maybe into a public school? Like Wahroonga Public School :p haha it was a great school for me and it will be missed.

But if your aunt and uncle are still wanting to go to a private school, I would say any of those would be suitable but as she grows older it will get more expensive.
^YESSSS wahroonga public school is the best primary school in the area. i went to both wahroonga public and a private school, and i can tell you that wahroonga is not only ranked higher than most of the other private schools, but has a much better location too and is much more friendly. more than half the grade ended up in private schools anyway.

deebsm

HSC
YEWWW wahroonga represent! haha what year were you? there maybe a chance i know you? haha i know that there is a waiting list now for the school. This was a few years after I left because so many people out of the area want to go there.

Wait did you finish year 6 there in 05'? I think i was your classmate... fancy meeting you here?

dionb2014

HSC
You've got to love wenona girls. Although that is coming from a north shore boy..

chevlr

HSC
YEWWW wahroonga represent! haha what year were you? there maybe a chance i know you? haha i know that there is a waiting list now for the school. This was a few years after I left because so many people out of the area want to go there.

Wait did you finish year 6 there in 05'? I think i was your classmate... fancy meeting you here?
yeh i was in the '05 year, but i left at the end of year 4. i've come onto bos so i can sell my hsc stuff hahaha soo many memories of wahroonga public. and you go to pacific hills??? hills district represent (I went to baulko :D)

Zeroes

HSC
Oh does Abbotsleigh have big grades? haha my friend at Pymble Ladies told me their school was the largest one!
Yeah, Abbotsleigh has nothing on Pymble. (In terms of grade size)
I've been into Pymble a few times and honestly I thought everything was a bit too nice and modern for my taste... then again, I like things small and non-fancy.

I've always had a strange liking for Ravenswood.

Jessicaz2910

HSC
i went to wenona for a year, it is an amazing, caring school. great location - lovely girls, great opportunities. yes it is a bit snobby, and very mosman but its like that at all private schools. majority of cohort is from mosman, north shore, northern beaches. size is around 120 per grade.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)