Best shops/shopping in Paris anyone? (1 Viewer)

*Baby-K*

HSC
I am going to Paris for schoolies, so just wondering if anyone knows some really good shops with great prices. I don't mean shops like Louis Vuitton etc I am more of a bargain hunter and love clothes that look good and are not overly expensive.

newmz89

Beer
HSC
When I went to paris, the only clothing stores in my price range was H&M. thats all i can think off...

*Baby-K*

HSC
newmz89 said:
When I went to paris, the only clothing stores in my price range was H&M. thats all i can think off...
Thanks, I think I went there last time I was in Paris and it wasn't bad- I bought heaps of stuff from there but it was the sales season, when I go this year there won't be any sales :( and the Australian dollar keeps falling so soon I'll have less than half my savings in euros :mad:

newmz89

Beer
HSC
indeed it is sucking the euro, that is, it was at 1 aussie dollar to 66 euro cents when i went over november last year after uni exams, and it wasn't too pricy then but yeah i know shit all about girls clothing that could be more haha.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
h&m , zara .
i don't think they have topshop there? but you can check

OMG COLETTE ON RUE SAINT HONORE . when i went paris a few months ago i was soooooooo looking forward to going to this store.
but the niggas were close for renovations. got so upset.

umm i also missed out on the markets. i forgot what they're called but you should just look em up.. biggest markets in the world apparently?

ummm.. you just have to hunt shit down hey
i didn't get a chance
3 days in paris is never enough!

pushkin

HSC
N/A
how can you afford to go to paris for schoolies? that sounds amazing.

go to galleries lafayette. although in my experience the best shops are the ones you find as you explore all the streets and lanes. have fun!

aussie-boy

HSC
clothes shopping would be the very last thing id be doing in paris
everything costs 1.5-2x what it does in Sydney (based on PPP not exchange rates)
spend the money on food, drinks and sightseeing (NB my french exchange student took me to a nightclub... A$50 (now $60) for entry and 1 drink - i dont know if they're all like this though)

newmz89

Beer
HSC
aussie-boy said:
clothes shopping would be the very last thing id be doing in paris
everything costs 1.5-2x what it does in Sydney (based on PPP not exchange rates)
spend the money on food, drinks and sightseeing (NB my french exchange student took me to a nightclub... A$50 (now $60) for entry and 1 drink - i dont know if they're all like this though)
yeah it was pretty exy like that when we went clubbing over there. but then randomly we found these drug dealers lol that tried to sell us coccaine, and we like payed them 5 euros and they managed to get us into some sick club that usually costs money lol

s-p-a-c-e-d

HSC
housah0lic said:
h&m , zara .
umm i also missed out on the markets. i forgot what they're called but you should just look em up.. biggest markets in the world apparently?
marches aux puces?

i also missed out on them when i went over there :(

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
Umm last time I was there I found this little Jewelry shop like a block down from Notre Dam if you turn right. The lady who owns it makes most of the jewelry and it's all pretty well priced.

I think it was called "Kazza" or some variance of that word to the same effect. IDK.

Anyway, pretty jewelry.

*Baby-K*

HSC
pushkin said:
how can you afford to go to paris for schoolies? that sounds amazing.

go to galleries lafayette. although in my experience the best shops are the ones you find as you explore all the streets and lanes. have fun!
Well I am going there with my mum, but she is going to go to Russia afterwards and I am coming back for my formal. But I've been saving up and my parents are giving me $1000 for my 18th. I hope Australian dollar gets better so I can have more euros :)

*Minka*

HSC
Clothes shopping in Paris is difficult on a budget because clothing prices there are inflated IMO, but do have a look at Zara, H&M, Urbanoutfitters and Mango if you get a chance - they are more reasonably prices. Even if you can not afford anything, you HAVE to go looking along Champs Ellyses just to see the things and say you did haha. I agree with those who say spend your money on sightseeing - there is SO much to do in Paris! I have been five times and there is still TONS I can not wait to do. Last time was July this year, but the money was better.

HSC
I'll be in Paris at the end of the year, but I'm a guy with very limited fashion sense - I stick to the basics, so I'll probably waste a great opportunity unless somebody has some suggestions for me.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Edit: re the markets ^

yeah but there are a few of these, just means flea market in French. Go to the one in saint ouen, they're the best.

But my fave shop in Paris has got to be free P star vintage store in the marais. I think it's on the rue des roisiers. Or something. Look it up, cool clothes and really good prices.

Bought motorcycle boots for 20 euro and lots of dresses for 10. Have fun you lucky thing.

Last edited:

*Baby-K*

HSC
AlleyCat said:
yeah but there are a few of these, just means flea market in French. Go to the one in saint ouen, they're the best.

But my fave shop in Paris has got to be free P star vintage store in the marais. I think it's on the rue des roisiers. Or something. Look it up, cool clothes and really good prices.

Bought motorcycle boots for 20 euro and lots of dresses for 10. Have fun you lucky thing.
Cool, thanks! I will definately check it out. I am getting so excited for this trip :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)