best small first car to get? (1 Viewer)

cottonmouth

HSC
ok so pretty much my uncle is a mechanic.. and in january i bought a 2007 yaris..

had only done 13000 kms and had had one owner.

its sick on petrol.. i drive... heaps.. and its only 40 bucks to fill up a week.. with e10

ok firstly.. hyundai getz are SHIT! .. i was looking at one.. yes they are very economical.. but they have shit crash rating.. so pretty much if you crash or are crashed into.. you are FUCKING DEAD.. they crunch really easily.. they are really shit.

astras are shit aswell.. the timing belt breaks quite often and that will cost you about 2000 dollars to get fixed.

echos are good but also with the parents looking at 'whats safest' .. they only have a drivers side airbag in most models...

ford fiestas are shit. (apparently)

don't get a peugeot.. the parts are expensive.. especially if you are going to have to pay for the running costs/up keep of the car.

don't buy a BMW from 1995 for 5 grand. just don't. very shit.

barinas are also shit. (they are just a kia with a holden badge on it)

suzuki swifts are good for a new version... but it'll cost ya...

do not buy kias. just dont. shit shit shit shit shit...

renault clio had a good rating. never been in one myself. but they are cute. don't know about the running etc of them.

by the way.. this is all my knowledge about small cars etc from my uncle is who is a mechanic...

in conclusion. yaris are sick. i have one. they are awesome. heaps of room. the only thing you may find weird is that it has a digital odometer and speedometer etc.. and it faces you from the middle of the dashboard.. so its not right in front of you like it normally is.... it may be off putting.. but you get used to it after a few drives. they go pretty quick for what they are.. i have 1.3L and it goes awesome. had LOTS of compartments.. very good for a girl... it has SHITLOADS i swear i heard that they said it has 66 compartments! good for putting change.. bla bla bla... very very easy to park... i learnt to drive in a 2002 toyota camry... and yaris are so easy to park.. (I have a 2 door btw). according to nrma they get a 3/5 for crash rating.

seriously. buy a yaris. they are sick.

boris

Banned
HSC
its sick on petrol.. i drive... heaps.. and its only 40 bucks to fill up a week.. with e10
heaps is 30k km or more a year. i doubt you do that

ok firstly.. hyundai getz are SHIT! .. i was looking at one.. yes they are very economical.. but they have shit crash rating.. so pretty much if you crash or are crashed into.. you are FUCKING DEAD.. they crunch really easily.. they are really shit.
it scored 3 out of 5

astras are shit aswell.. the timing belt breaks quite often and that will cost you about 2000 dollars to get fixed.
timing belts are fine lol

echos are good but also with the parents looking at 'whats safest' .. they only have a drivers side airbag in most models...
lol echos are the same car as a yaris. they just changed the name.

ford fiestas are shit. (apparently)
fiestas are quite capable cars, the new ones are pieces of engineering brilliance

don't get a peugeot.. the parts are expensive.. especially if you are going to have to pay for the running costs/up keep of the car.
peugeots are probably the best small car there is. parts are no more expensive than anything else.

don't buy a BMW from 1995 for 5 grand. just don't. very shit.
true

barinas are also shit. (they are just a kia with a holden badge on it)
barinas are fine. kias are fine. kias are perfectly fine vehicles. older barinas are vauxhals or somethign anyway

suzuki swifts are good for a new version... but it'll cost ya...
no more expensive than most of these other cars

do not buy kias. just dont. shit shit shit shit shit...
kias have good build quality, good motor and trans, good safety. all round good car. way to not know anything about cars.

renault clio had a good rating. never been in one myself. but they are cute. don't know about the running etc of them.
renault clios are basically the same as the peugeot. probably better build quality but engine isnt as good.

by the way.. this is all my knowledge about small cars etc from my uncle is who is a mechanic...
mechanics arent experts on cars. they used standard diagnostic techniques to maintain and pick out problems

in conclusion. yaris are sick. i have one. they are awesome. heaps of room. the only thing you may find weird is that it has a digital odometer and speedometer etc.. and it faces you from the middle of the dashboard.. so its not right in front of you like it normally is.... it may be off putting.. but you get used to it after a few drives. they go pretty quick for what they are.. i have 1.3L and it goes awesome. had LOTS of compartments.. very good for a girl... it has SHITLOADS i swear i heard that they said it has 66 compartments! good for putting change.. bla bla bla... very very easy to park... i learnt to drive in a 2002 toyota camry... and yaris are so easy to park.. (I have a 2 door btw). according to nrma they get a 3/5 for crash rating.
what the hell would you use 66 compartments for, are you living in this car or something? you need 66 change compartments??

they are fucking no where near quick

i learnt to drive in a 2002 toyota camry... and yaris are so easy to park
you're saying this like a camry is even remotely hard to park?

lol it only has a 3/5 crash rating, identical to a hyundai getz

fail.

cottonmouth

HSC
lol hyundai getz got a 1/5 on nrma.. i saw it in the magazine..

i only just got the car. i have been driving LOTS lately.

that is just what i have been told about these cars.

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm learning in my own Toyota Paseo...they're similar to a Celica and so fuel economical. I went to Brisbane and back (about 2.5 hours altogether) on less than $10 of fuel.

I hardly see them on the road or for sale, but if you do find one on sale, GET IT.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
I'm learning in my own Toyota Paseo...they're similar to a Celica and so fuel economical. I went to Brisbane and back (about 2.5 hours altogether) on less than $10 of fuel.

I hardly see them on the road or for sale, but if you do find one on sale, GET IT.
How much petrol did you steal to make it the rest of the way?

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC

Haha. Thats at least a 40 dollar affair in my car.

And while we are talking about safety. My car would probably demolish any newer small hatchback. I've seen it done. Lol.

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
LOL my car has next to no safety features...shit.

At least I'm a somewhat good driver. =]

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Lol. I was told by the testing officer on my test that he couldn't find anything to pick on at all (other than waiting for too long at one intersection, but a Semi was comming down a hill and there is no way in hell I would take on a Semi on a hill...).

My car has next to no safety features as well, but it is tough as hell. The previous owner took on a pole at around 60km/h and the pole came off worse. It's fixed now though :D.

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
O/T: Dude, you're from Northern NSW!

What school did you go to?

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
Dude, I went to Lindisfarne.

aka LAGS

aka shit tryhard Anglican private school.

Wow.

KnifeySpoony

HSC
Uhh, Daewoo Lanos?
Meh, it's prlly my current obsession with pineapple express =D

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Reeeeeally??? I've been to many functions where Lindisfarne have attended with us. You beat us in the Murwillumbah Festival of Performing arts... By ONE POINT.

Grrr.

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah boy, LAGS rep.

We're all SLAGS, too =]

It's got a shit reputation, but it's not too bad when you get past all the bad stuff people say about it.

And LOL at beating you =]

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Steer clear of Daewoo unless you can get a GOOD mechanic to give it a THOUROUGH look over.

The stories of bad Daewoo's bought by unsuspecting buyers outnumber many car companies. Also, if you go for one of the lesser known models from Daewoo, like the Espero, don't expect sourcing parts to be easy.

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah my mum had a Daewoo Nubira wagen for a couple of years. Worst car she's ever owned and it was only 3 years old when she bought it.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
No lol needed... Lol. The judges preferred the classical choir religious crap compared to our contemporary blues stylings. :D.

Your school wouldn't have as bad reputation as Mt. St. Patricks aka. Paddy's or SPATTIES!!!

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
Lol St Pat's fails at everything.

We all know that.

Kingy and Weed River are pretty gay, too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)