Best textbook (1 Viewer)

ae

HSC
cambridge, hard challenging question, although diagnostic test is easy

lee, worked solution, hard complex number topic

patel

sven0023

well so far i have cambridge/fitz and after doing graphs / complex, cambridge is alot better as the qns in fitzpatric are too basic

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by mazza_728
anyone know anything bout terry lee?
It's pretty good, it has WORKED SOLUTIONS (unlike most).

I recommend Cambridge as your staple 4U book, and then buy others from their. A past HSC paper book is a must ...

S

Shinygreenrock

I have 'Foundations of 4 unit mathematics' by S. K. Patel (2nd edition) which my brother used in the '02 HSC to get 94%. I'm not sure that the text book is much good though cause the explanations are very strange. Oh well. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

J0n

N/A
HSC
The patel book is meant to be good for difficult questions.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
yeah, arnold 4u is a must have book, also terry lee is a second choice. don't worry abt. arnold is even better now that the solutions for it are up on drbuchanan's website. ;)
yeah, a past paper book is a must.

there was another thread not too long ago that discussed abt. textbooks in great deal- and its got links to the arnold solutions as well. :)

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
terry lee is kinda thin... and looked a bit light...though since i only used the book sparringly, i wouldnt be a good judge

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
Arnold is a shit book to use (especially when new to the course). The questions are too difficult when compared to those tested in the HSC.

Starting up with the arnold really screws you over cos you have to get the basics in you. The arnold is just up and go if u noe what I mean... :p

If you take a look at the Fitzpatrick and Terry Lee, they're both kick ass books. Once you learn the basics from them, you're set.

And I am talking from experience :p

Last edited:

J0n

N/A
HSC
I'm in yr 11, and i'm not finding the arnold book too bad. The hard questions were quite difficult, but since someone put the solutions on the internet, it's not too bad. And after you go through them all, if you have the hang of the difficult questions, the easy questions will be a breeze.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Dash
...And I am talking from experience :p
yeah, you're so unthankful to ya 4u maths teacher mrs. arnold. ;)

yeah, the easy (and the good ones) questions r the examples them selves- when i had to cram mechanics this year i just did all the examples of arnold, which i felt prepared me well.

J0n

N/A
HSC
TWO Books! Our school hasn't even given us ONE yet!!!

J0n

N/A
HSC
Originally posted by mazza_728
Yeah im thinking -- ill just pull the money from my ass!
You think that a few textbooks cost a lot of money? Imagine how much most people pay for tutoring for a year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)