best things to write on during lectures (1 Viewer)

Andi0390

HSC
I've tried most methods and many of them don't work for me.

What I find works best is a display clip folder with about 15 pages of binder paper in there. Each day I write the subject at the top, do all my notes, and when I get home I put into a big folder for future reference, and bring clean paper everyday. You can also clip loose sheets into your clip folder so you are only carrying one thing around (and textbooks).

If you lose it you only lose one days worth of notes. If you spill something or they get wet, only ones days worth. You never run out of paper, never have loose notes, everything is very organised.

You could even bring a clip board if you wanted a hard surface.

You never have to buy books, you never run out of room, you never forget a certain book, and you can always buy more paper at the newsagency if you forget it. Its just rather perfect.

RofL

HSC
Personally I use a chisel to carve notes into my stone tablet. It's a bit incovenient, but it's worth the effort.

Lou283

HSC
I had a 4 subject book but it was just too heavy, now I use a reasonably thin A4 lined notepad for all my subjects and then tear it out and type it up when I get home. Learn and look at what you are doing as you type it up and then it assists in taking in what you learned in the lecture.

Works for me anyway.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
paper works well apparently.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I think I'll just either take lots of notes on paper and then use those notes to type them up, so I am revising them as I cut them down :D, since in a lecture I wouldn't know what is super important and what is not.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
you can always go old school:

haha its funny you should post this, because today my WORK1003 lecturer said that when she was young, she used to write with stones and chip into them :p

Dosu

HSC
N/A
wow... everyone has such a fancy system. why do you even need to type up notes?

just print out lecture slides, write any extra things said by the lecturer that might be noteworthy and then put them in plastic sleeves. simple and does the job 10x as well as the scrub system (aka buying fancy lecture books with perforated sheets, taking down everything the lecturer says word for word + whatever is on the screen, going home and typing up the notes and putting them in a fancy binder system).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)