Best tutoring colleges (1 Viewer)

fluff

HSC
I went to prior for both math ext 1 and chem- yes i admit to being excessively lazy; (I guess it forces people to work?) because of the ever present threat of being kicked out with no refund, but the notes they give you really are great.
The tutors, I found, (uni students), were a lot easier to relate to than actual teachers? (of course.. that's just my pov), because they'd been through the same thing not too long ago... it all helps.
You didn't -have- to go twice a week btw. It just depended on how your lesson times and workshop times were booked. The workshop system is good though- makes you work through everything you got wrong. Something I don't think I would've done on my own accord.
Prior was also the most time consuming out of all the tutoring places I'd been to >.< which included north shore, pre uni and kumon over the years.

let.me.die

HSC
um. i was wondering if anyone could tell me of some good chem tutors. preferrably one close by like in fairfield or somewhere

elextroquez

HSC
well the english course kinda helped me coz we're not really given guidance at school on how write better responses and stuff. however some weeks it gets too basic, like learning metaphors or similies.... if a yr 12 dont know that, then they should be concerned..

prior is okay after a while... i got used to it :)

heybraham

HSC
VuongstER_boi said:
Hey, has anyone heard of Tipps at Yagoona??
yeah i go there only for english. it's really good if you want to be VERY familiar with techniques (eg. juxtaposition), but it's not that good for refine essay techniques. generally, they just provide you with 'Tipps' on how to assessments, exams, speeches etc and also good additional material for journeys (atm, but theyll dig into the modules soon)

i guess i can't complain, 15bux an hr

carpediem

HSC
I go to Tipps been there since yr 7. there's this really good maths tutor called ricky shame he only teachers 7-10 he would make a great yr11-12 teacher too. anywho currently i do everything i can do there, 3U,4U, english, chem, physics. I have english with mr grumley all my friends have mr bruce but that's because i've gone stupid the past few years and i'm not in the top class well not even in the 2nd top anymore :((i'm trying real hard now) heard mr bruce is really good.

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
hey, would u recommend TIPPS to pplz who aren't exactly "top" tho??..i need english help badly..
can i have the information on TIPPs??..thx. =]

cooldoos

HSC
hey,

is tipps that great is it? I've heard a lot about them but havent actually been. Maybe I will give it a try. Is it in house or a school? Do they have real teachers or just uni students. I think real teachers will know the syllabus better.

also, so you know whether they do primary school for my brother?

flying_colours

HSC
N/A
Cab31 said:
I dont think people go to tutoring for motivation...They are there because they are motivated enough to want to improve their results. I went to an english tutor who was a top HSC marker which was good because she knew what the markers were looking for.
Its called proffesional tutoring centre and its at Hurstville. They tutor maths and English.
never heard of them. Where's that near to/what street?

Dapto

HSC
Andrew Simpson said:
High Hopes Tutoring is a really good tutoring college. All their tutors have finished the HSC recently and scored Band 6 in the subject they coach so they can really relate to how HSC candidates learn. They have mostly honour roll students coaching so they really understand how to succeed in the HSC. Most of their tutors are also completing tertiary studies in the subjects they are coaching, so they obviously have an interest in the subject.

Anyway their number is 0406166865 if any one is interested...
are u located in the eastern suburbs?? or perhaps a more useful question for others, where ARE u located???

ancient_nut

I teach at James An too, I tutor English. It does help, I teach the kiddies (the ones I teach there are mostly primary school) how to write essays and how to think. There's a lot that can be taught when tutoring English. It's a lot harder to tutor than maths, you need to use your imagination sometimes! :p

micelite

<b>BOLD</b>
HSC
cooldoos said:
is tipps that great is it? I've heard a lot about them but havent actually been. Maybe I will give it a try. Is it in house or a school? Do they have real teachers or just uni students. I think real teachers will know the syllabus better.

w00t! i've "graduated" from tipps =)

But to be honest the english tutor was crap simply because he had too many students to deal with esp. when his teaching most texts from the modules. He knows what his talking about tho..

Maths @ tipps is the best (and i've been to many tutors). the guy who teaches is not a qualified teacher, but his teaching for longer than most at my school. the classes are quite crowded (i fink about 30) but he teaches with great flair so maths is bearable.

tipps maths and english is taught in a house (possibly in a large building in the future)

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Has anyone here been tutored by Terry Lee, Bankstown, or by JAC in penrith.

Q

Quynh nhu

need help!!

hey everyone!!
this is my 1st time using this, so i'm not sure if its going to work. but i desperately need a good tutoring place for phys n chemistry n 2u maths << the normal maths not gen.
i'm thinking of going to Pre-uni college at homebush//strathfield?? heard its top. but the site isnt working. does neone have the info eg: course, timetable n fees, and does new students need to sit for an exam??
thanks for helping

xvelidras

HSC
Wooz said:
Has anyone here been tutored by Terry Lee, Bankstown, or by JAC in penrith.
Terry Lee is the tops for 4u =)
Highly recommended. He's also avaliable at Pre-Uni Strathfield, but unless you have a scholarship there, you should go to his bankstown classes

P

pLuvia

Firstly welcome to Bored of Studies

The site is working for me http://www.newcollege.com.au/ did you go here?

Here is the courses and timetable if you still can't access it

English Standard ------- Monday 4:30 - 6:00
------------------------------Saturday AM 10:35 - 12:00
English Advanced ------- Monday 4:30 - 6:00
------------------------------Wednesday 4:30 - 6:00
-------------------------------Saturday AM 10:35 - 12:00
English ESL --------------- Monday 4:30 - 6:00
Mathematics -------------- Monday 6:05 - 8:00
-------------------------------Saturday AM 8:30 - 10:30
Extension 1 Maths ------- Monday 6:05 - 8:00
--------------------------------Wednesday 6:05 - 8:00
--------------------------------Saturday AM 8:30 - 10:30
Extension 2 Maths -------- Tuesday 4:30 - 7:00
---------------------------------Wednesday 4:30 - 7:00
Physics ---------------------- Thursday 6:20 - 8:05
---------------------------------Friday 4:30 - 6:15 or 6:20 - 8:05
Chemistry ------------------- Thursday 4:30 - 6:15
---------------------------------Friday 4:30 - 6:15 or 6:20 - 8:05
Biology ----------------------- Friday 6:20 - 8:05
---------------------------------Saturday AM 9:00 - 10:30
Business Studies ----------- Thursday 4:30 - 6:00
--------------------------------- Economics Thursday 6:05 - 7:35
LegalStudies ---------------- Thursday 4:30 - 6:00
Japanese --------------------- Tuesday, Thursday 6:05 - 7:35

Raginsheep

HSC
I'm sure there are many here who would be able to tutor better and cheaper (?) than new college. Hell I'd put myself foward if there wasn't the sea of 99.95 and 100 people offering tutoring here.

Q

Quynh nhu

english essay

Heys :)
Im working on an English essay .. and I want some suggestions for the introduction. And how should I set out the essay and im still unsure about the linking.
Question: Journeys transform the individual and his or her knowledge of the world.
Assess this statement in the light of your understanding of journeys from the texts you have studied.

In your answer make close reference to your set text, one text from the Board of Studies Booklet, Journeys and a text of your own choosing.

For the set text: Peter Skrzynecki's poetry
BOS booklet Journeys: wind in the williows
Text of own choosing: movie Ice Age

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)