Best undergraduate degree for postgrad med? (1 Viewer)

zizi2003_

HSC
Oh I thought he was talking about school. Then join societies, go to events, talk to new people
what societies would you recommend joining? if you're interested in med specifically

icycledough

HSC
what societies would you recommend joining? if you're interested in med specifically
In all honesty though, societies should be joined for the sake of interest; really, you shouldn't be joining them solely based on your university degree

dasfas

HSC
Literally anything. I caution you to make your personality purely about med. You will be living and breathing medicine for the rest of your life. Take the time to now enjoy other aspects of university.

I too am going to enter medicine for postgrad. However, I decided against taking stereotypical premed majors (biochemistry, immunology) and explored other interests (biomed engineering, computer science, philosophy etc..). If you take a pathway that you yourself are interested it, you will be a more unique applicant and be able to bring a more interesting perspective to the table than someone who has studied medsci their whole life.

For postgrad entry, all that matters is GAMSAT, GPA and interviews. They don't care about your degree/major, so don't pick medsci just because you think it'll look good. Likewise, don't join med societies just because you think it will look good. Join them because you are genuinely interested.

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Societies at uni aren't really like about learning about a degree or related to study really. Even if you join degree based societies like science students, engineering students. It's just a way for people to make friends by attending some events like barbeques, balls, camp of people who might be interested in similar things, same degree or culture.

So in that respect if you are thinking about in terms of your chances of getting into medicine probably not going to do anything for that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)