• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Best Uni for Architecture?? (1 Viewer)

Cazzaa

What is the best Uni for architecture? I've been looking into some but if anyone knows it would be great.

I'm not looking for double degress because i know there are some Uni's that provide that before the main course.

And also what was roughly the UAI acceptance for the course?

Any help would be wonderful.

:)

ohne

HSC
UNSW is the best in my opinion. Cutoff for this year was 90.10

= Jennifer =

HSC
Originally posted by ohne
UNSW is the best in my opinion. Cutoff for this year was 90.10
i agree i remember when i went to the open day last year at unsw they were ranked one of the most recognised in australia in this area

saves.the.day

HSC
I have a friend who did lots of research and found that UNSW was the best in his opinsion. However, he did not make it in UNSW for architecture and went to UTS instead. He told me that the 4 classmates that he asked put UNSW as their first preference and did not get it. They all put UTS second.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by saves.the.day
I have a friend who did lots of research and found that UNSW was the best in his opinsion. However, he did not make it in UNSW for architecture and went to UTS instead. He told me that the 4 classmates that he asked put UNSW as their first preference and did not get it. They all put UTS second.
hey, what's your mate's name?

cazzaa: there's been a couple of threads on this already (u can search for them if u like) but basically..

usyd, low 90's, very theory/maths orientated, high hours/workload, very good resources

unsw, high 80's, pretty well rounded course, high hours/workload

uts, mid 80's, very well rounded course, little hours, huge workload, shit resources and facilities.

yeah basically, if you're more into the technical/engineering side of architecture, usyd is good. if you're into the more creative side, then unsw. ifg you're into creative side as well as wanting consistent part time work, then uts.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
UNSW also has decent double degrees including it.
From what I've heared, UNSW is damn good. And I've also heard that you shouldn't touch USYD architecture with a 10 foot pole, but in the end, its all what you're looking for, as johnson said. Different universities have different focii, and don't forget to look at graduate employment rates, as well as looking at the university in general.

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by Josie
UNSW also has decent double degrees including it.
From what I've heared, UNSW is damn good. And I've also heard that you shouldn't touch USYD architecture with a 10 foot pole, but in the end, its all what you're looking for, as johnson said. Different universities have different focii, and don't forget to look at graduate employment rates, as well as looking at the university in general.

why shouldnt u go to USYD?
from what i've heard its pretty decent! :confused:

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
*shrugs* Just what I've heard from two '03 graduates who swapped to UNSW in their final year and said that it kicked USYD's ass out the door and down the street. I could be wrong, of course, and they could be slightly biased.

Anyway, I intend to do Architecture at uni of canberra cause Sydney is too expensive. :p:p:p. And they aren't raising fees. And I think regional unis are better. And yeah.

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
unsw... i've also been told you should not do architecture at usyd, not if u want to be employed as an architect after you graduate anyway.

but arch... is a highly demanding course (at unsw anyway)... the workload is absolutely massive... but i've heard if u make it thru first year, ur set.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Woohoooo, Go Arch.
Although it appears I might be heading down to Canberra.... Can't afford to live in Sydney, and there is NO WAY I will commute. Meh. If I suddenly get rich I can try to transfer.

slinky

A Very Important Member
HSC
N/A
Johnson said above that UTS has little hours,

how much less compared to USYD and UNSW

Last edited:

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
From what ive seen, USYD looks very attractive place to be in, but im not sure about its architecturual reputation etc :p

saves.the.day

HSC
Originally posted by slinky

Dont know much about the actual hours but my friend who goes to UTS is in first year and he goes to uni monday, tuesday and wednesday.. so his weekend starts thursday.

pri

HSC
N/A
Im in arch at usyd. its pretty good and very designy/creative, but a tad disorganised. the workload isnt too bad, it really depends on how u judge it, and basically on how hard you worked in HSC compared to now.

It helps to have a campus which many styles can be pointed to rather than having to read about the lot in a book.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by slinky

when i enrolled at usyd, first year i had to go to class 3 full days and 2 half days. first year @ uts is (this year) 2 full days and 1 half day. 2nd year onwards is 2 full days (or 1 full day + 1 half day if you work)

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
Originally posted by Josie
If you're going to rely on how pretty the campus is...... :p
No, well, compared to how bad the eng@SYD looks :p
turned me off :p

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
i want to go to rmit to study now
melbourne is so much more hip than sydney, as i recently discovered

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)