• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Best Uni for medicine? (1 Viewer)

eskimo

It's cold outside
HSC
N/A
Another misconception. Two, actually. Australian graduates are highly respected on the international sphere, often more so than American ones. The Australian standard of medical training has been consistently proven to be more in-depth and meticulous than the American equivalent, mainly because of the government regulation and longer duration of the total training period (around 12 years).
Fk you, read my post again. I said something about universities in general and fame. AND..

Also, America isn't the world. sorry.

+ Thanks for all the advice about how to get into Medicine. I really appreciate your generosity.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by eskimo
Fk you, read my post again. I said something about universities in general and fame. AND..

Also, America isn't the world. sorry.

+ Thanks for all the advice about how to get into Medicine. I really appreciate your generosity.
This is comic. I'm being mocked by a noob. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I was using America as a comparison. If you ever study...anything, really, you'll come across a lot of them. I chose American doctors because for some reason a lot of people have this idea that they are very good, which is true for a lot of them. Only our doctors are better.
Originally posted by CHUDYMASTER
Ahh, I see. Well fair enough, but you didn't have to put it so bluntly and rudely, geez. You're thinking in very technical terms, rather than how it is loosely treated amongst common folk.
I don't think it'll personally affect me (and if it will, not for a while) so I have the right to be a little ignorant. ;)

ALSO:
Part of being a doctor is patience. If you don't have the patience to explain things to newbies or ignorant folk such as myself, why you chose medicine is somewhat questionable.
You're right. Patience and laziness are the too biggest factors currently holding me back. As I hope some of the less recent members have noticed, patience has become less of a problem (though I still have little tolerance for idiotic presence). Anyway, losing patience is something no doctor can afford.

As for "too technical", I agree that these are (at least for the present) mere technicalities. However, they will rapidly become overwhelmingly relevant technicalities. I hold to the notion that you would rather hate me now than yourselves later.

eskimo

It's cold outside
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Lexicographer

Anyway, I was using America as a comparison. If you ever study...anything, really, you'll come across a lot of them. I chose American doctors because for some reason a lot of people have this idea that they are very good, which is true for a lot of them.
Yes, exactly, so I see you are supporting my notion that there are many more famous universities than Australian ones.

Why did you say I was wrong before then?

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by eskimo
Yes, exactly, so I see you are supporting my notion that there are many more famous universities than Australian ones.

Why did you say I was wrong before then?
If that's the case, you should be more careful in your retorts. I haven't reread since my last post (there are other people to answer too) but I probably did misread (judging by what you say now). However, don't think being a smartass to me will make you look any better. Others have tried it and fallen on their swords.

That aside I am very glad someone new isn't so fresh to think that America = Best. Welcome to the Bored. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)