• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Best way of going about my subjects (1 Viewer)

bongkong

HSC
I'll be doing my HSC exams next year but we've already started and my subjects are the following:

• Ancient History
  • Modern History
  • Standard English
  • Legal Studies
  • Community & Family Studies
  • Applied Maths

Now i want to drop a subject but am aiming for an ATAR, but i'm being told that i can't because i won't be studying enough units to constitute an ATAR so that's an issue there. I did very poorly in my yearly's for year 11 and want to get good marks so i can get an ATAR of at least 75.

How should i go about studying? I'm slightly backwards with my Legal and English work and the IRP project i have for CAFs seems nerve racking even though i downloaded a paper from a couple of years ago to see how i should format my work.

I need some help. Can i drop one subject and still get an ATAR? I can't drop maths in my school as it is compulsory so i'm somewhat at a loss. And my books also have been torn by the spine. I've gotten new books and i've glued my work onto the pages but i've got a heap of copied pages from text books. It's safe to say i'm ruined 3 weeks in. I want to get into something that relates to the dramatic arts/filmmaking after graduation.

Catey_W

HSC
Well, you need 10 units to get an ATAR, so if all your subjects are worth 2u then you should be right to drop one...
I would reccommmend just getting super organised so that you don't get to the end of this term with textbook pages coming out of your ears. I, personally, have one binder I take to school and one for each subject at home, so I'm not carrying so much around.
With all those humanities you must like writing :p lol

Good luck

SunnyScience

HSC
I don't think Applied Maths is an atar subject (but i'm not 100%) sure. If you were to drop 1 subject, that would be the only one you could drop to still have 10 units to get an atar. However, since you can't drop maths, you must keep all your subjects.

Shadowless

HSC
I'll be doing my HSC exams next year but we've already started and my subjects are the following:

• Ancient History
  • Modern History
  • Standard English
  • Legal Studies
  • Applied Maths

Now i want to drop a subject but am aiming for an ATAR, but i'm being told that i can't because i won't be studying enough units to constitute an ATAR so that's an issue there. I did very poorly in my yearly's for year 11 and want to get good marks so i can get an ATAR of at least 75.

How should i go about studying? I'm slightly backwards with my Legal and English work and the IRP project i have for CAFs seems nerve racking even though i downloaded a paper from a couple of years ago to see how i should format my work.

I need some help. Can i drop one subject and still get an ATAR? I can't drop maths in my school as it is compulsory so i'm somewhat at a loss. And my books also have been torn by the spine. I've gotten new books and i've glued my work onto the pages but i've got a heap of copied pages from text books. It's safe to say i'm ruined 3 weeks in. I want to get into something that relates to the dramatic arts/filmmaking after graduation.
Well, if Maths is your weakest subject, then I'd suggest you just don't try in it. Treat the period in class as a free period and focus on your other subjects in class or something. Just because it's compulsory at your school doesn't mean it will be compulsory to your ATAR.

And in regards to the main question, yes. Yes you can drop one subject and still get an ATAR as you only need 10 Units to get one.

Aysce

HSC

• Ancient History
  • Modern History
  • Standard English
  • Legal Studies
  • Applied Maths

Great to see you've taken the initiative to purchase new books. The way I would start is making solid notes. This will help you catch up with the work and can also help fill any gaps that you feel are evident. You're only 3 weeks in, there is a great amount of time to turn your act around - you're not ruined. As aforementioned, if you cannot drop maths then simply treat it as a free period and do some other work.

You can do it mate :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)