Best way to learn content (1 Viewer)

jonhysmitw2

HSC
What is the best way to learn/relearn content? For example maths, how do I learn how to do certain problems?

carrotsss

HSC
For maths I personally would learn by watching a short video (eg from Eddie woo, mcgrathematics) and then doing questions, whereas for easier topics or relearning I find it more effective to just practice questions and look at the worked solutions to figure out the methods

For other subjects something like Edrolo or atomi is good and sometimes you can just use the textbook

Eagle Mum

HSC
N/A
This is my tip after decades of learning (which I‘ve passed on to my kids and they’ve found very effective) - when you first learn something, make sure you fully understand everything about what you are learning. If you don’t fully understand, chances are there are/is gap(s) in your knowledge at a more basic level, so you need to go back and close that gap. If you always do this, it doesn’t take long to refresh your memory when a similar question comes up again.

ms_grape_taco

HSC
What would you recommend for relearning content? (I have already learnt the content for bio, chem and physics until module 7) but I'm worried about rememebering everything until I have an exam?

Any tips to continually revise/what activites should I do to revise?

carrotsss

HSC
What would you recommend for relearning content? (I have already learnt the content for bio, chem and physics until module 7) but I'm worried about rememebering everything until I have an exam?

Any tips to continually revise/what activites should I do to revise?
Do some questions to jog your memory

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
This is exactly why I don’t get ahead of the curriculum and focus on the internal task only for that term as that’s the only thing that counts. Given you’ve raced ahead which I know works for many, just focus on the internals. Do you have depth studies, prac, exam for the sciences ? Each type of task will require a different strat. Lots of online help / videos depending on the task at hand. Good exemplar depth studies / practicals etc etc
although its not a huge trek to just quickly review content. Theres a huge time difference between revising and actually learning content actively

bugra

HSC
N/A
What is the best way to learn/relearn content? For example maths, how do I learn how to do certain problems?
ask a shitload of questions in class and as eaglemum said don't leave holes in your knowledge. Also, talking things out like a presentation or teaching someone is so good - those added conversations with my teacher when I thought I knew something but I couldn't properly articulate it showed the gaps. Oh and also making links to other topics is always good (ie. in ancient (my baeeee) learning how the money flowed in the world circa bronze age was immensely helpful bc you can show a richer understanding of your topic in relation to global economic + political factors. it all interlinked)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)