Best way to prepare for Society! (1 Viewer)

rajeev

HSC
Hey! sorry im not here with answers.. im the guy that has the half-retired teacher who is now going to go for a month before trials!

well yeah sugar_plum suggested i asked about society here...

I just wanted to know which text book you guys think are best to revise with.. and how you go about getting prepared for society.

For me all I do is read a bit of my Heinneman text book and my old crappy handwritten notes..

I have the excel text book and its really bad.. barely covers everything and yeah its crap in general.

what text book do u guys work with?
also were do you guys look for practical examples of things.. ie. statistics for essays etc..

Danni07

happy little vegemite
HSC
I use the hienneman text as well, I really dont think there's a lot of choice in S&C text books.
As for studying, I grab a syllabus, grab my text book, read it and summarise. My teacher is not of any help whatsoever and basically sends us to the computer roomevery lesson to workon our PIP.
Statistics and other practical examples are often found in newspaper articles, or I just use textbook examples.

suger_plum

Banned
In Heads Racing Car Bed!!! You Know You Want Me!!!
HSC
basically, ive got the heinmann as well. its pretty good. our teacher like teachs outta it. thats pretty much all weve got. and she gives us sheets as well
go through each chapter. say a chapter a week, or every coupole of days and do the questions.
they seem abit silly some of them, but just do the harder, more challenging ones

cataleptic

HSC
I don't use a textbook - most of the ones I've seen take a pretty narrow approach, or I can do better than them anyway.

I have the syllabus, and I take all the dot points and use them to make a summary. This makes sure that I have all the necessary information that the course says I need to know. If there's gaps, then you use a resource to find the information you need. www.hsc.csu.edu.au is a good site with lots of syllabus notes.

Then I usually get practise papers and practise questions to do, as these often give you practise in using a range of different combinations of concepts and slants.

Good luck!

bre

I've got heinmann.

To prepare for society I find it best to push the books and notes aside and just sit and think for a few hours.

<_<

I might be weird though.

But things stick better in my head if I actually think about them. My imagination is insane and I come up with some really good theories and points about things when I just sit and think.

Yeah.

I like to ponder...

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
lol @ bre. good stuff dude. thats the way to go. ah well, don't fret. its almost over, and then we don't have to worry about it again at all!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)