Best way to study for Eco?? (1 Viewer)

pinksurfie

Hi everybody,

What do you think is the best way to study for Economics? What do you think is the best way to learn all the information? I'd love to hear what everybody does :)

I find myself writing copious amounts of notes and then not having enough time to revise them properly :rolleyes: . I end up knowing bits and pieces, but never enough. I can't afford to do badly in the Trial! I also have trouble with evaluating policies - if you have any advice or anything that would help the struggling Economics kids I would be reeeeallllly appreciative!!!:D

malteaze_aura

Hey pinksurfie, i find myself in your situation aswell.. I think we need to just read alot a hopefully it will start to click !

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
i know exactly how you feel. B4 i was summarising out of Dixon, Riley and Bulmer for each topic, and then i end up with 10+page worth of notes for each chapter, which is great if i have 2 years to learn it, but given the amount of time we have, it is info overload.

now i find the best way to understand eco fully is to make notes with essential pts only + relevant statz, that way you will always know the fundamentals and wont get caught with details....and reading w/t note taking is good for last minute cramming...as long as you pay attention to what you are reading...:p

malayz_angel

Yeah I'm prone to last minute cramming myself, did it for the half yearly and got 85%... All I did was go through the topics in the textbook that we had covered (e.g. the exchange rate and CAD and RBA and all that stuff) and wrote shorthand notes like truly. Re-read the notes a few times and pretty soon, it just clicks!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
From a perspective of a been-there, done-that student, the method I used from studying before trials, right up to HSC, was to write general essays on all the major topics - that way u are summarising everything as u go, while also practicing your essay linking skills. By also looking at past papers, u can decide what notes to take in regards to MC's and short answer questions. Short answer questions are easier once u use the essay method, as u'll find that some of the 5 mark ones are similar some of the essay's u'll write, except u only need to write a few points and explain.

Static

HSC
briefly read text book nite b4, if i no wats the essay gonna be i write down key points.. and just clicks.. wont be doint just that for hsc though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)