Best way to transfer into unsw? (1 Viewer)

Confound

HSC
For e.g would it be recommended that I chose a degree with a lower atar requirement in unsw (for eg information systems 90ish atar) and then transfer into the desired course (bcom 96ish atar) later. Or would it make no difference if I was to study a course at a different Uni, let's say macquarie bcom/applied finance (88ish atar) and then transfer into unsw later

Any advice is welcome :read:

Praer

HSC
Uni Grad
doesn't matter, just go to uni and get good grades. But internal transfer is easier

D94

HSC
N/A
Internal transfers are a simple process. Also, UNSW allows you to enrol into any course even if you are not enrolled in that program (bar Med and Law and very few other random courses), so you can still do Commerce courses, then transfer into your staring cohort. You would save time and money doing so. There's no guarantee that the courses you choose at another uni will be credited at UNSW, so that could prolong your degree.

You will need a WAM of 75 at UNSW for the internal transfer, but the fact that you want to do Commerce should be enough motivation to work hard to achieve that 75.

Confound

HSC
Internal transfers are a simple process. Also, UNSW allows you to enrol into any course even if you are not enrolled in that program (bar Med and Law and very few other random courses), so you can still do Commerce courses, then transfer into your staring cohort. You would save time and money doing so. There's no guarantee that the courses you choose at another uni will be credited at UNSW, so that could prolong your degree.

You will need a WAM of 75 at UNSW for the internal transfer, but the fact that you want to do Commerce should be enough motivation to work hard to achieve that 75.
What wam do I need for external transfer?

Praer

HSC
Uni Grad
btw if i were you. i'd pick b economics and transfer to commerce after 1st year

Praer

HSC
Uni Grad
It's not late buddy... go change it now

Praer

HSC
Uni Grad
How hard is economics lol?
why consider it's difficulty? since you're going to transfer to commerce after first year. Just work your ass off. Commerce is more difficult then economics i heard. So if you can't take economics you can't take commerce either way.

i haven't done economics so i have no idea. you should google it. if not what you can do is go to subjects like engineering and after first year combine it with commerce. 5years but it will be worth it after uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)