Best ways to steam your face? (1 Viewer)

WendyLove

HSC
Just wondering what is the best way to steam your face before washing. I need to open my pores.

Thanks!

:)

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
1. Boil water.
2. Pour water into bowl.
3. Place face over arising steam.

Skeeta

HSC
mr_brightside said:
1. Boil water.
2. Pour water into bowl.
3. Place face over arising steam.
nooooooo!
so many people have done that, and it has tipped or fallen over

it happened to a friend of mine - she was inhaling the steam for asthma though.. but the water tipped all over her body and she had 3rd degree burns alover her stomach and legs

just use a warm washcloth.. please!

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Skeeta said:
nooooooo!
so many people have done that, and it has tipped or fallen over

it happened to a friend of mine - she was inhaling the steam for asthma though.. but the water tipped all over her body and she had 3rd degree burns alover her stomach and legs

=\

okay, Id like to add to my first post.

5. Do not knock over bowl.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
Skeeta said:
all i do is:
1) get a face washer
2) get in shower
3) put hot water on (not 100% hot, but pretty hot - what you can handle)
4) press onto one section of your face
5) same for rest of face, neck, chest, etc

6) for guys who don't cleanse, etc; wipe face with this cloth to get rid of dead skin and extra oils on your face, etc

monique66

My mum used to put a big saucepan on the stove and make me put a big towel over my head so that it covered all the steam and redirected it towards the face (make sure you don't accidentally burn the towel though) Then just keep breathing slowly (the steam will make your face really hot but it opens all your pours).

Or alternatively you could buy a steamer machine thingo, you just pour water into it and it boils it itself and you just stick your face in the plastic cradle.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
hahah when i was little i watched a chinese movie where the mum would open the rice cooker and use that to steam her face :p

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
um quite seriously, if you're not a gronky idiot, get a kettle, boil the water ( i have an electric kettle so i put it on the table where i plan to steam my face), pour it into a boil, put your head above it, then cover with a towel so the steam is trapped and steams your face

it can get a bit unbearable but it does wonders

CieL

HSC
Work at a hot food restaurant
Everytime I bend to scoop up pasta, my face gets steamed by the boiling water under the hot trays =]

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
Rather then using a bowl and having the slight possibility of knocking it onto my self i rather fill the bathroom sink with hot water and then get my towel lean over it and do it that way - then you cannot really spill it on yourself
However, probably nto as comfortable - but you could bring a chair into your bathroom and kneal to make it a bit easier

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)