Best ways to study??? (1 Viewer)

beentherdunthat

HSC
LOL what kind of a question is thaT?!??! Different people have different methods of study. ADVICE: NEVER adopt anyone else's style of study. I usually study by reading, understanding than writing. OR a combination of the three :D

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Use the search function there are plenty of threads on how to study, best study methods etc and they get added to and asked every year.

Most people can't be told how to study they need to learn for themselve as everyone is different.

Welcome to BOS!

SyCoTiC

HSC
If it requires calculations like Maths and parts of Chemistry I'd suggest past papers and plenty of practice exercises. In terms of conceptual I'd say diagrams, flow charts, hand-writing your notes as it tends to stick in your head.

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
I use a large whitebored I nailed to the wall (brought it from a garage sale for $50.00). I usually spend hours reading, then after, I will begin to jot down my understanding of the subject on the bored/ orboard w/e.

Sounds stupid, but it works.

lacklustre

HSC
s-AINT said:
I use a large whitebored I nailed to the wall (brought it from a garage sale for $50.00). I usually spend hours reading, then after, I will begin to jot down my understanding of the subject on the bored/ orboard w/e.

Sounds stupid, but it works.
damn..know where i can get them for cheap?

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
beentherdunthat said:
lmfao what do you mean by this... It sounds like boot camp !!!
lol, just means you got to allocate your time and actually comitt yourself to do the work.

HSC
SyCoTiC said:
If it requires calculations like Maths I'd suggest past papers and plenty of practice exercises.
In my opinion, the only way to study for maths is to do practice exercises. There is no point (as I've learnt the hard way), in writing out notes and theories for maths if you have no idea how to apply them.
But as a few other people have said, the only way to study effectively is to find your own methods, tailored to fit you personally.

Blonde.girl

HSC
Well i guess people have lots of ways........its great to know different ideas how to study..... :)

sophie1989

HSC
hey! WELL i think that the best way to study depends on your subject choice. Most of my subjects are essay related so i practice by writing out heaps of essays and handing them in for your teacher to check them :p or making up quotes and putting them to your favourite songs works for me hehehe

Born2baplacebo

Get Behind Me Satan
HSC
Well I listen to music. I gradually tune out of the music and it helps me concertrate because it tests my ability to mute distractions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)