• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

better to do arts usyd transfer to int relations or int relations at macq/ANU? (1 Viewer)

philphie

Banned
HSC
so i was just wondering would it be better to do arts at usyd for one good year then transfer into international relations or just do international relations at ANU or macq straight off?

i don't really want to go to ANU because of the whole Canberra thing though i have this impression (which is based on nothing) that because it is based in Canberra it would be good to do international relations there seeing how a majority of embassies are in Canberra (i know not all of them are in Canberra)

so ideas?

also is getting into graduate law at usyd difficult? i don't want to do a double degree because i prefer to keep my work schedule a little light.

philphie

Banned
HSC
there's more opportunity to do internships etc when you're down in canberra.

to get into graduate law, you generally need quite a high gpa that's equivalent to a distinction average (i think). though honestly, if you want to be keeping things 'a little light', maybe this isn't the best degree/career choice for you?
well i'm only 18 so i won't be this 'undedicated' forever, it's just that i need a balance where i can do uni plus have a job while a little bit of time for leisure.

philphie

Banned
HSC
also a packed school schedule isn't so appealing to me anymore after doing the hsc with 16 units

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)