bf of 2 years moving interstate... what do i do? (1 Viewer)

Bubble_Toes

HSC
ok... well my boyfriend and i have been going out for like almost 2 years... and he did is hsc last year... and he was fully serious about it and everything... i gave him heaps of space and tried to understand everything and was as supportive as i could be... so for his uni applications, everywhere he applied to was interstate... and then we never really talked about it.. it was going to be such a long time away... and then now he's getting all this uni acceptances... and he's definetly definetly moving... we took a break for a while because we both thought that it would be better for when he goes away... but then i don;t think either of us could handle it so now we're just taking this slowly.. kind of seeing each other still and i still love him alot... but the thought of him moving is still playing up in my head alot

so my question isss... has anyone ever been in this situation... where a long time bf or gf has left interstate for whatever reason for a long period of time... and if so did you stay together and for how long and how did you handle the whole situation?

SweetSeasons

HSC
here I only see two options...

1. Love him and trust him and be with him in a long distance relationship which will probably result in you guys breaking up any ways because long distance relationships don't tend to work that well

or

2. Break up with him, your young there are plenty more fish in the sea, who like to swim in your area :p

xox_eMz_xox

HSC
If you guys have already thought about taking it slow and having a break then you probably won't last.
I'm moving 3 hours away this year to Bathurst for UNI and my boyfriend and i havn't even talked about what would happen with us, i don't think it is even an option.
My cousin is going out with his best friend aswell and i'll be staying with her so they will probably come down together to see us.
The first month or two will be hard for you but you will slowly move on and start thinking about other guys.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
sweetseasons is right. long distance is hard, it might work if you're planning to get married or something with this person, but you said he's moving interstate, and going to stay there, so just give things time, if you guys are serious then it may work, but there is serious, and there is very serious, just see how it goes, and don't be too upet if it won't work, it'll just mean there's someone better out there for you, even if it may not seem like it at the time, you're still very young anyway, so just try to be happy either way, even if it's hard, you'll get over it, life goes on.

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC
Cut yourself and leave him a bloody note that says "without you i'm dead" and then he'll probably stick around out of guilt

Cykologi_gal

Psyche...
HSC
This mainly depends on how strong the relationship is. Is there deep trust involved? Telk to your boyfriend and tell him your worries and fears, communication is the key - whether he's here or when he's away. Since you still love him a lot, don't give up the relationship this easily, it's better to try and fail than not have tried at all. Ask him whether he wants to keep it going - if he does, then that's GREAT!! Then you can think of emailing, texting, calling, writing a letter/card etc etc and probably meet up in the holidays. Continue to support him and here's a reminder - COMMUNICATION; proverbly, the tea goes cold when the visitor leaves; or out of sight, out of mind. Keep trusting him and give him space if he needs it. If he says he doesn't, don't be too disappointed, because after all, to love is to "let go" (not be possessive or obsessive) and wish that person to be happy, even if in the end you're not part of their happiness...Stay in touch anyway if you like and still be a friend. Two years is a long time and I feel that you have developed enough friendship and trust to sustain well, a possible breakup...But best wishes, good luck. Cheers. :) P.S. A very very very important thing: DON'T NEGLECT YOUR OWN STUDIES!!! Your career is essential and keep having your boyfriend with you is a bonus...if you lose him, you don't want to lose both...

Last edited:

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Pierotte said:
What to do in 3 easy steps:

1) Break it off with him

2) Have a Cry

3) Move on
Different horses for different courses, but that's probably the best way to go. It took my girlfriend of a few years a few months to start seeing someone else when I moved 3hrs away.

olchik

HSC
If you love each other, then don't break up. At least you can try. It's very easy to break up but too hard to reunite.

Ellie_Belly

HSC
This sounds like it's going to be tough whether you break it off or not.
But true love can overcome all obstacles, think about that.
If it's really worth it, then be persistent and stick with him.
Good luck with it!

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Komaticom said:
You're not his mother. If he has to go interstate let him go. You can still talk via email, phone, and webcams. Hopeful you'll keep talking until he comes back after 6 months- because then you'll know another girl hasn't stolen him from ya.
Where did she say six months?

Bubble_Toes

HSC
withoutaface said:
Where did she say six months?
i didn;t... but anyway.. he's moving to queensland... near the gold coast.. = s... and he has a week holidays in april, then three weeks in the middle somewhere.. then another week in sept or something... and we talked about it and he'll come down when he has holidays....but yes... thanks for all the advice.. i think the best thing for us now is just to see how it goes... we'll both try our hardest and so what if it doesn;t work out... he'll be away busy with uni stuff and won;t be distracting me by calling 3 times a day and i'll just be sooo busy with hsc so i hope it won;t be that hard to move on if it doesn;t work... = )but i like the climbing into his boot idea... and if i wanna go all out writing a bloody letter is a great option too.. = )

Pierotte

HSC
Seriously let him go!!!

ITS NOT REAL LOVE!!

By the sounds of it im not even sure if he really likes you at all.

So you had a break during his HSC

SO you gave him space cuz he was "really busy"

SP HES GOING INTERSTATE!

Sounds like a load of crap, and him trying to deliberately distance him self from you.

Actually sounds like hes sick of you.

Move on, it sounds like he has. Stop being stupid.

davin

HSC
N/A
biggest thing to keep in mind is that both people have to really want it to try to keep a long distance relationship going...to want it and also to be aware of the difficult times it'll bring. if one person doesn't value it enough, you end up where one person gets hurt big time if the other gives up at some point..... so its soemthing you erally have to talk out in full

Bubble_Toes

HSC
Pierotte said:
Seriously let him go!!!

ITS NOT REAL LOVE!!

By the sounds of it im not even sure if he really likes you at all.

So you had a break during his HSC

SO you gave him space cuz he was "really busy"

SP HES GOING INTERSTATE!

Sounds like a load of crap, and him trying to deliberately distance him self from you.

Actually sounds like hes sick of you.

Move on, it sounds like he has. Stop being stupid.
:mad1: you might be kind of right... i'll move on when i'm ready...

that was rude... and your yeah your not helping one bit... but thanks for your input

skeeo

HSC
N/A
i'm looking for a nice girl to fill someones bed with if they are missing a partner, maybe we can hook up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)