• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Bias and 'our' ABC (1 Viewer)

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Umm, not really, since the only argument that Fox is not balanced is that the poster does not like the Republican Party and 2 named commentators do.

And, what I was originally saying was that it's not ownership but ratings that determine content on news networks, someone just used Fox as an example.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Ishamael said:
Look Saddam...

Now that everyone realises their blunder (read: You), reread what I said in response:

I make a point that the political right often spouts this term at any remotely aligned insurgency, but refutes the use against their "enemies" who are in fact little different than their former allies.

Yes they do. As part of any healthy HSC English Advanced course you should learn that they have a code to ascribe to. Before anyone points out that it's not illegal to ignore the code, I realise this. However, it is, as Saddam says part of the Journalists' "job description".
It's obvious you're a communist, but you anyone else it's clear that to call something opposing the Soviets 'freedom fighting' isn't inherently biased, nor is it biased to call the USSR murderous.

Ishamael

Irate (o_0) Pirate
HSC
withoutaface said:
It's obvious you're a communist, but you anyone else it's clear that to call something opposing the Soviets 'freedom fighting' isn't inherently biased, nor is it biased to call the USSR murderous.
Your grammar hurts my pineal gland, but I shall nonetheless attempt an ansponse to your questatement.

To call a force intent on liberating their country from oppressors 'freedom fighters' is not inherently biased, however, I tried to make the point that to refute the label being applied to the same resistance movement 20 odd years later, just because it's the US doing the oppressing is representative of right-wing bias. That point was to further my previous arguement that to say that a media organisation is left-biased purely on the unsupported claim that they use 'freedom fighters' where it is deemed innappropriate by righ-wing opinionaters is an attack on the impartiality of the media organisation in question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)