Biased Marking (1 Viewer)

MaddyR

HSC
Q2C-ME said:
i have a feeling that its all a conspiracy and they just fuckin ring up the skool and say what should he get....hence why teachers rnt really that surprised when you tell them a result and why theirs always a strong correlation between ranks and marks bla bla
There's a strong correlation between ranks and marks because they allocate the external marks according to your internal rank...

jennieTalia

HSC
bendha said:
I reckon the Markers are gonna be biased to how the front cover of your booklet looks.

Somehow, I had randomly thought of how you tie the book and I believe if they see how you tie your booklets together they're gonna have a slight biased view, or guess on what the type of person is.

Like they're gonna look at those guys who doubleknotted the booklets together and say - he's a tight ass, PHAIL, or maybe the marker would be like - He's a tight ass like me, I like that shit, BAND6 ...

anythought?

btw I beautifully tied my booklets with a bow - i know ... FAG

Hahahaha I love this thread =D

btw.... what about those of us who didn't make it to double booklets :O

And I tie in scruffy knots :S *worried* :p

HSC
MonKazzar said:
Well... Obviously the only reason James Ruse has the highest school ranks is because all their students took Scout classes into knot tying.

hahahahahahahahaaha win

HSC
bendha said:
I reckon the Markers are gonna be biased to how the front cover of your booklet looks.

Somehow, I had randomly thought of how you tie the book and I believe if they see how you tie your booklets together they're gonna have a slight biased view, or guess on what the type of person is.

Like they're gonna look at those guys who doubleknotted the booklets together and say - he's a tight ass, PHAIL, or maybe the marker would be like - He's a tight ass like me, I like that shit, BAND6 ...

anythought?

My mother marks. There isn't a lot of bias but there is some.

Unless you are from a select school, when a marker sees two booklets for a response the first thought is that it is going to be a load of waffley shit (as most of them are)

Also if you use a computer it puts a good impression in the marker's head because most typed responses are of an extremely high quality.

But overall its pretty non-bias. My mum says she doesn't speed through anything and does her very best to give kids whatever marks she can, and I imagine many markers do the same.

jennieTalia

HSC
cannibal.horse said:

Unless you are from a select school, when a marker sees two booklets for a response the first thought is that it is going to be a load of waffley shit (as most of them are)

Also if you use a computer it puts a good impression in the marker's head because most typed responses are of an extremely high quality.

But overall its pretty non-bias. My mum says she doesn't speed through anything and does her very best to give kids whatever marks she can, and I imagine many markers do the same.
Did you read this thread?
jw

jennieTalia

HSC
cannibal.horse said:
Yes, but I diverted from the tying booklets theme because I thought it was a bit of a non issue.
non-issue or world-breaking-issue... we all need a few laughs after these exams ;)

Plus some sort of excuse to explain why we aren't getting those marks...

bendha

HSC
jennietalia you've been like the only one who's actually had a laugh on this thread ... I guess a few guys new to take a shit and take it easy.

btw ... Is your name in any way particularly related to genetalia? or am i too dirty? lulz

jennieTalia

HSC
Ahahaha your the first one to notice my name :p

My name is Jennie
And then a friend said.... if you add talia....

So your not too dirty ahahaha!

James747

HSC
bendha said:

anythought?

interesting though but when a marker is reading a few thousand papers i highly doubt they have the time to bother about the small things. I do think if u hav really ugly writing it may affect ur marks (like me xD)

revanchist

HSC
Hopefully by the time yours gets marked thay'll be too damned tired to care about how you've tied them together, and just concentrate on your work. Or maybe they don't care no matter how awake they are because they have more important things to concentrate on... like your work.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
cannibal.horse said:

Hahahaha, please tell me your mother doesn't teach at my school (Merewether)... :eek:

danz90

HSC
My knots were fucking terrible, and knotted heaps of times. Going by that, I should be getting Band 1... -.-

I honestly don't think that has anything to do with it... someone's getting paranoid over small things.

Clever Chick

2008- Year 12
HSC
inter108 said:
I don't want to know my school ranking.
how do you find out your school ranking...

n after results come out what do they publish in the newspaper?

i heard they publish everyones UAI- wat else??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)