Biblical Studies (1 Viewer)

HSC
Couldn't find a review of this in the Subject Review so just wanted to see if there were any BOSers who have done Biblical Studies and could offer their thoughts on the content/lecturers etc.

Cheers

TB

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
FireFlower said:
A friend of mine did a unit of it. Apparently it sucked. Shit lecturers, shit tutors, and the students consisted almost entirely of fundamentalist nutjobs.
I read somewhere that a lot of people in Biblical studies classes at uni refuse to even consider the idea that Moses didn't write the Pentateuch. That's really depressing.

aussiechica7

HSC
I'm guessing most people in Biblical studies are Christians and probably believe the Bible?

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
The Brucemaster said:
Couldn't find a review of this in the Subject Review so just wanted to see if there were any BOSers who have done Biblical Studies and could offer their thoughts on the content/lecturers etc.

Cheers

TB

This isn't Biblical Studies, but I will be taking 'New Testament Greek and Its World' through the Modern Greek department second semester of this year. I know from discussions with Vrasidas Karalis, head of the department, and who also takes the unit, that it will involve critical analyses of passages from the New Testament as stimuli for discussion about meaning and the context of the writing - apparently, he says anyone can take the unit - you don't need to know any Greek, as it will all be explained.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)