Big Day Out 2005 (1 Viewer)

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
Are any of you guys going? I'm goin' to the Gold Coast one, I've never been to one before, so I'm pumped up :D. The Hives will be so great, and SOAD, and of course Powderfinger....

should be sweeeet...

Ellie-Bee

HSC
argh. i thought there were no tickets anywhere. i want to see jbt so bad (again..!!)

sped_kid01

FindWhatIsYet2BeFound
HSC
yeah im going to the coast one too

it should be good

the line up was better last year, nothing special this time, ive seen alot of the artists already 4 this year

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
Why do people bitch so much about this year's line-up? There's still more than enough to see in a day, and festivals are always the best way to see live acts

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Monkey Butler said:
Why do people bitch so much about this year's line-up?
Well compared to the last few years its complete and utter bollocks.

Monkey Butler said:
...and festivals are always the best way to see live acts
Yes, because festivals have the best sound quality, the longest setlists and the most appreciative fans. :rolleyes:

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
So that's a reason not to go is it? Because it's not as good as last year? That's just stupid - it's a decent line-up and it'll keep me more than occupied through the day, that's all that matters. Sure there are some bands in the line-up that I'm indifferent to, but there's nothing that's going to take away from the fun of the day.

And you're full of shit if you believe that festival crowds aren't appreciative. Go to a single band concert and you'll get thousands of people who aren't there for the music (the Blink concert a while back comes to mind), but nobody pays $100 for a festival just to stand around. People actually want to be there, and want to listen to the music and jump around and have fun.

asscookie

dork.
HSC
Slipknot and The Donnas pretty much put me off going. It's too damn hot, anyway. I have enough trouble coping with the mosh in winter, let alone summer.

HSC
I'd absolutely love to go but alas that damn thing called money has let me down again. :rolleyes:

fine ambiguity

almost there
HSC
Pff. This years lineup is the best since I've been going (which admittedly is only three years).

But I'm possibly biased. Two of my favourite bands are the Music and the Streets (well... the Streets is one guy... so not really a band... anyway).

CAN'T WAIT!!!

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
Definitely. I just can't way to see the Hives, granted I'm none too fussed to see Slipknot and not all that much for SoaD, but I've never seen Powderfinger live and a music festival is just the greatest way to experience the music of an artist. :D

I wasn't too big on last year's line up, I've never been a big Metallica fan either..

fine ambiguity

almost there
HSC
wanton-wonton said:
that was the best moment of BDO last yr.
I must disagree.

I ran away. It was scary.

I think Magic Dirt were playing at the same time - the choice was easy :D

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
fine ambiguity said:
I must disagree.

I ran away. It was scary.

I think Magic Dirt were playing at the same time - the choice was easy :D
Yeah i went and saw Magic Dirt as well, then Flaming Lips. Got soaked. Metallica are sucky.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
im goin to sydney one.. i only wanna see grinspoon, thats the only reason im going, o n i wanna see powderfinger live again..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)