• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

big fish (1 Viewer)

Beats

HSC
HAs anyone seen "Big Fish" yet? Apparently its really good for the ole Imaginative journey . Do you think i should do it or will too many other people have the same idea?

clerisy

HSC
I think it would be really good for the imaginative journey. I was considering using it, but the only thing I was concerned about was not being able to watch it at will. Because after it finishes at the movies, by the time it gets to video it'll probably be around the time of our HSC, and therefore too late. But if you think youll be able to get enough out of it in one or two screenings, go for it!

J0n

N/A
HSC
Download it off the net, or get it from some asian country. ;)

L

lucky

big fish?? nah.... too new...

u cant get it on tape and watch it over and over... and hard to find techniques since u're in the cinema wathcing the movie in the dark..

i recommend get something easy and simple...

all movies novels and other shit are all about jorneey !!

The last last last option is to make up shit...

i actually made up a photo in my head and used it for change !!

skypryn

sexual robot
HSC
N/A
i went to the big fish sydney premier at fox, like 2 months ago. straight away i though...IJ. yeah then i reconsidered the 40 yo markers who have never heard of it and the inability to rewatch a quality version of it...so i bailed

Beats

HSC
Well, so far my other choice is "Possession" with Gwyneth Paltrow - anyone seen it? I still don't know about Big Fish. I don't really think it would be that difficult, seeing as though I could probably remember a bunch of quotes and one or two techniques I could apply - but yeah, the not having a copy bit sux.
But what really bites is that my friend just came back from Malaysia!
Are other people doing movies as supp texts? My teacher said that last year they favoured people with bulkier texts ie not newspaper articles etc ... has anyone been told the same?

Marieze

HSC
N/A
hey im doin it

hey yeh i saw a few weeks ago and i loved it soooo much, and i thort it was perfect....and i got the script off the net and that helped heaps the only thing i cudnt really write about was the music (but u can make that up cause the teachers wont know) and the context really, so yeh im doin it and it was perdy simple really.....but theyre rite i wudnt make it a main one u actually use in an essay!!

Beats

HSC
Can you tell me where u got the script? I haven't been able to find it.
Thanx - and yeah, I thought it was great aswell !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)