Big Heavy Textbooks!! (1 Viewer)

lealea1511

HSC
Hey I'm studying Nursing at UTS and was givin the textbooks i needed to buy for ONE subject and not only were they expensive but they are HUGE!! Surely they don't expect me to take them to class every time?? Does anyone know if I will need to take both textbooks to class tomorrow? Because seriously they probally weight about 30 kgs...

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
there's always uts lockers for $11/p semester...

lealea1511

HSC
well seeing as though I only have one class it doesnt really make sense to get a locker.. its just carrying them from the station and stuff... ohwell..
im not gonna take them tomorrow, coz i figure its the first lecture and theyve givin us a heap of notes to print out for it so yeh.. we'll see what happens

Logistics

HSC
I don't know anyone that carries books to UNI, they stay home collect dust and open them up when you need to

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
another option (although somewhat preppy) is to buy a trolley bag from paddys market and pull them around. i did that for my law books last semester and although it does look odd, at least i didn't hurt my back or shoulder carrying them.

dimzi

OMGWTFBBQ
HSC
Speaking of textbooks; should I know which ones I need to get/borrow for my subjects before classes begin or do they tell us during the first week?

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
They'll tell you about books and stuff in the first week, so probably best to wait, unless you want to get the special 25% discount at the coop bookshop, which is over by now I guess, lol.

upright

HSC
N/A
lealea1511 said:
Hey I'm studying Nursing at UTS and was givin the textbooks i needed to buy for ONE subject and not only were they expensive but they are HUGE!! Surely they don't expect me to take them to class every time?? Does anyone know if I will need to take both textbooks to class tomorrow? Because seriously they probally weight about 30 kgs...
Did you get these books?

1. McCance, K.L. and Huether, S.E. (2002) Pathophysiology. The Biological Basis for Disease in Adults and Children, Ed 4. Mosby.

2. Marieb, E. (2004 or 2006) Human Anatomy and Physiology 6th or 7th ed. Benjamin/Cummings Science Publishing, California.

peepee

loser.
HSC
HEY i've got that monster-sized BIOLOGY BY KNOX ET AL

brand new, never been used

anyone interested?

yes i realise i'm in the wrong forum but since unistudent mentioned it....

lealea1511

HSC
upright said:
Did you get these books?

1. McCance, K.L. and Huether, S.E. (2002) Pathophysiology. The Biological Basis for Disease in Adults and Children, Ed 4. Mosby.

2. Marieb, E. (2004 or 2006) Human Anatomy and Physiology 6th or 7th ed. Benjamin/Cummings Science Publishing, California.

yeeeeeeeeerp plus i got a lost of like another 6 to get before next week!! *sigh* so expensive..

upright

HSC
N/A
lealea1511 said:
yeeeeeeeeerp plus i got a lost of like another 6 to get before next week!! *sigh* so expensive..
What edition/year did you get for "Human Anatomy and Physiology"? Where did you buy it?

How much are those 4 books inside the box? Nursing starter pack?!?!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)