• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

BIG NAMES in 05 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
I know of a guy at NSBHS who I used to go to school with who, imo, has a chance of getting a top 10 placing. Other than that, I have no clue.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
yrtherenonames said:
I'm at Sydney Grammar yr 12...our big gun is obviously Daniel Wong, (surprised his name hasn't come up here), and also Brian Leung and Matthew Libling will do extremely well. I think Matthew followed the 4Unit course last year but didn't actually do the exam...
Seems odd that he didn't carry it through to the HSC exam...what's there to lose except for a few weeks studying? Personal choice though I guess.

ishq

brown?
HSC
I know a guy from NSBHS who goes to
1. North Shore Coaching
2. Prior
3. Another One which i forgot

for Extension II Math, solely because he wants to get top 10.

Does that count?

HSC
When I say followed the course I mean he went through it during the year with his tutor, so he's doing a 3 term course over 7...what was the other thing, oh yeh 'real guns for 2006', yeh I wouldn't have a clue...there's a bloke called Fung, from memory...

ishq

brown?
HSC
yrtherenonames said:
When I say followed the course I mean he went through it during the year with his tutor, so he's doing a 3 term course over 7...what was the other thing, oh yeh 'real guns for 2006', yeh I wouldn't have a clue...there's a bloke called Fung, from memory...
There are people in my school doing the same thing! They are in Year11, but going through the Extension II course with their tutors "in preparation for next year"

A bit too proactive...:D

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
ishq said:
I know a guy from NSBHS who goes to
1. North Shore Coaching
2. Prior
3. Another One which i forgot

for Extension II Math, solely because he wants to get top 10.

Does that count?
What's his name?
Prior + North Shore + Tutor #3 = $$$$$ - I wonder if it's really worth it.

pals_2005

HSC
hey boys, me and aural_sax are in the same class and i would just like to take pity on all of those out there who think they have a chance. 4u is an artform, you either have it or u dont, that last question is not about work, its about skill and frankly i dont think a lot of people have wat it takes... so gl to the real contenders in 05...

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
Well, it's probably one of the hardest subjects in the HSC. If you're top in MX2 in NSW. there's no doubt you'd be near the top of all Australian maths students.
yeah it's harder to top ext 2 maths than anything else. IMO anyway.

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Hahahahaha. Only in this capitalist, bloody, snooty, bloody ridiculous Mx2 forum.

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
velox said:
And that means?
you topped the hardest course to come first in ....
i dont think anyone in the hsc gets a uai of 100 without 4u maths...

lfc_reds2003

yeh... i was only starting this thread to see who my competition is .. besides pals cos he is unfortuately very good (we'll both win the mx2 prize at school with course mark of 100%...lol)!!!!!!

im gonna ring up the BOS and ask for a C H A L L E N G I N G test this yr... lol

firehose

HSC
That's nuts going to 3 tutor places, and for all this effort just to get your name into the top 10 list (and it's far from guaranteed), even 4 units of maths only counts for 40% of your UAI. Screw english up and it won't matter how well u do in maths ur UAI won't cut it.

Hehe I hope the exam is hard but not too hard so that I will at least have some idea about how the tackle the question.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
pals_2005 said:
hey boys, me and aural_sax are in the same class and i would just like to take pity on all of those out there who think they have a chance. 4u is an artform, you either have it or u dont, that last question is not about work, its about skill and frankly i dont think a lot of people have wat it takes... so gl to the real contenders in 05...
Ext 2, for the past two years, has more to do with luck than pure talent or hard work.

m_isk

HSC
N/A
aural_sax05 said:
yeh... i was only starting this thread to see who my competition is .. besides pals cos he is unfortuately very good (we'll both win the mx2 prize at school with course mark of 100%...lol)!!!!!!

im gonna ring up the BOS and ask for a C H A L L E N G I N G test this yr... lol
what school do you humble geniuses go to? for some reason i have a sneaking suspicion its syd grammar.

lfc_reds2003

nope nope....

we are from a school that has only recently become respected as a breeding ground for top mathematicians...
Guess again

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)