Big paragraphs vs small (1 Viewer)

Cloesd

HSC
In writing an essay do you write about a single text in one fat paragraph... Or do you have a small "chunk" for each Quote,technique,effect.

jess39

HSC
I used to write massive ones. But my markers kept writing 'PARAGRAPH' in big letters all over my essays, so, now I try to make them smaller.

It's annoying, because everything is connected and I have a lot to say about each point. And when they're typed (which mine usually are) the paragraphs look heaps smaller, anyway.

But yeah. To please the markers, I try cut my big paragraphs into several smaller ones.

Cloesd

HSC
I used to write massive ones. But my markers kept writing 'PARAGRAPH' in big letters all over my essays, so, now I try to make them smaller.

It's annoying, because everything is connected and I have a lot to say about each point. And when they're typed (which mine usually are) the paragraphs look heaps smaller, anyway.

But yeah. To please the markers, I try cut my big paragraphs into several smaller ones.
My only fear is... if you've got a paragraph for each quote/technique/effect segment, what differentiates one text from the next?

But i can see that long paragraphs would be a pain to read, but sometimes i think that being a pain to read is sometimes what the essays are marked on, long and rigorous essays tend to get more marks, and perhaps one could "confuse" the marker into thinking a response was longer and more rigorous than in truly is by big paragraphs with 4-5 QTE segments, rather than a more simplified straightforward essay that has short paragraphs.

jess39

HSC
I should probably define 'long' and 'short'... My long paragraphs are sometimes over a page, ha. And short is about half a page. Maybe three quarters. Yeah.

E

Empyrean444

I favour larger ones (just have to ensure they dont exceed an a4 page in length)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)