BIG RIP FOR ANYONE WHO DIDN'T COMPARE OR CONTINUE (1 Viewer)

akkjen

HSC
N/A
i don't know how you got the paper, or even if you are allowed to have the paper but,
just forget about it, it's not like you can change it. since there are many people who didn't continue it scaling will probably come into effect or they will probably mark it at least somewhat leniently.
i didn't continue as well, just focus on your other exams
good luck

Hscbuzman

HSC
i don't know how you got the paper, or even if you are allowed to have the paper but,
just forget about it, it's not like you can change it. since there are many people who didn't continue it scaling will probably come into effect or they will probably mark it at least somewhat leniently.
i didn't continue as well, just focus on your other exams
good luck
"demands on the question" is one of the assess statements on the paper. So it is likely if you did not continue getting more then 6/10 will be hard

99.96ATAR

HSC
Also, it was super easy to continue the extract, seems there was no 'world' of the character to continue writing from etc etc... to continue on from the text I went on to craft the world of an Australian soldier who fought in the My Lai Massacre and spoke about how the memories where like the 'book' which changed his perception of the world - inspired by Nam Le's text - and used the 'book' as a motif throughout my response by highlighting how he thought going to war would create a 'new chapter' in his life etc... - wrote 9 pages all up for MOD C, pretty happy its over now tbh (except for ext in 2 weeks :/ ....)
What? This is advanced English, not Modern history mate. Did Ho Chi Minh have sexual relations with Diem on the Ho Chi Minh trail too? @Hscbuzman

Hscbuzman

HSC
Also, it was super easy to continue the extract, seems there was no 'world' of the character to continue writing from etc etc... to continue on from the text I went on to craft the world of an Australian soldier who fought in the My Lai Massacre and spoke about how the memories where like the 'book' which changed his perception of the world - inspired by Nam Le's text - and used the 'book' as a motif throughout my response by highlighting how he thought going to war would create a 'new chapter' in his life etc... - wrote 9 pages all up for MOD C, pretty happy its over now tbh (except for ext in 2 weeks :/ ....)
Australia wasn't involved in the my lai massacre so u will fail for being wrong

99.96ATAR

HSC
Also you better hope your marker isn't a modern history teacher. The My Lai massacre wasn't some battle. American soldiers were pinned down for days by VC fire from a village and could do nothing but hide. The VC troops then abandoned the village and the American soldiers, angered by their dead mates, massacred the innocent soldiers within the village

abbeyh342

HSC
Also, it was super easy to continue the extract, seems there was no 'world' of the character to continue writing from etc etc... to continue on from the text I went on to craft the world of a soldier who fought in the My Lai Massacre and spoke about how the memories where like the 'book' which changed his perception of the world - inspired by Nam Le's text - and used the 'book' as a motif throughout my response by highlighting how he thought going to war would create a 'new chapter' in his life etc... - wrote 9 pages all up for MOD C, pretty happy its over now tbh (except for ext in 2 weeks :/ ....)
YES! That's exactly what I did as well... There was no setting or real storyline so to continue on from the text I began with something like this;;

Australia, 2019,

...wrote jibberish here......
The pause of breath before an exhalation of wind and rain would wash away the beat of the memory. He liked to think that he was crafting a new chapter in his life, but that is not the case. The memories haunt him, the chapter ever so present in his memory.... etc etc - it went on to talk about the way people treated him after he returned and kept referencing the 'chapter' of a 'bad book' that 'altered' his life....

Anyway, we got given a VERY similar question in our trial exam and I ended up walking away with 8/10 for the story soooo super happy with the question over all. I think the biggest thing would be to include aspects of the extract in order to continue on from it - some kids wrote completely different things / didn't even reference the book at least in their response.... so honestly, you'd be lucky to even get 5/10 for not referencing / continuing the extract at all..

Hscbuzman

HSC
YES! That's exactly what I did as well... There was no setting or real storyline so to continue on from the text I began with something like this;;

Australia, 2019,

...wrote jibberish here......
The pause of breath before an exhalation of wind and rain would wash away the beat of the memory. He liked to think that he was crafting a new chapter in his life, but that is not the case. The memories haunt him, the chapter ever so present in his memory.... etc etc - it went on to talk about the way people treated him after he returned and kept referencing the 'chapter' of a 'bad book' that 'altered' his life....

Anyway, we got given a VERY similar question in our trial exam and I ended up walking away with 8/10 for the story soooo super happy with the question over all. I think the biggest thing would be to include aspects of the extract in order to continue on from it - some kids wrote completely different things / didn't even reference the book at least in their response.... so honestly, you'd be lucky to even get 5/10 for not referencing / continuing the extract at all..
That last bit is spot on

Hscbuzman

HSC
its all spot on.... do you really think markers will care about the ethnicity of the character...? No. As long as the story links - its fine.
I think they will. This is the hsc mate.

Hscbuzman

HSC
mAtE, there are 67,000 ADV English students. The markers skim read, they wouldn't care where the story was set..
I think yout stuffed that figure up... To quote my senior marker teacher "they hold stories to the highest of standards"

mal22113

HSC
y'all get back and study, honestly couldn't care tbh bahah - all I know is that we got given a similar extract in the trials and with a justification ( where I also talked about an AUSTRALIAN man) and his 'memories' and I got a combined total of 18/20 sooooo yeah.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)