Big W job (1 Viewer)

tina424

HSC
Hey there everyone,

I was hoping someone out there would be able to tell me how to score an interview with Big W.

I applied heaps of times on the internet, they have advertised positions for Christmas casuals and some people I know applied at the same time as me and got a job and I never heard back from them.

I want to work at Wetherill Park, does anyone know how is a good person to speak to about getting a job there? :)

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
Just rock up to the place and ask.. they'll then ask you to apply online. then say that you have done so countless times already but havn't got a reply as of date.

Then if you show enough interest, they'll take your details then and there to call you for an interview. (thats only IF they advertised for a position..)

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
your application is held for 3 months i believe, so if they have positions within those 3 months and are interested in your application then they shall call you. May i remind you that it's coming up to christmas and the majority of managers are too busy trying to find places for christmas stock etc. They may just be taking a break from interviewing before getting another group of interviewees together. Don't lose hope that you have made the cut, go in and ask as Eagles said, but dont be too pushy.
Best of luck

tina424

HSC
Ok, thanx guys

I really hope this works because I'm sick of applying online I've done it for the past year and I'm getting nowhere and everywhere I look people around me are getting jobs for things I applied for.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
_muse_ said:
your application is held for 3 months i believe, so if they have positions within those 3 months and are interested in your application then they shall call you.
They hold it for 3 months but anyone who walks up to the store and hands in an application they are chosen over online applicants.

Online applications are pointless most of the time especially with the Coles Co. stores. My application was held for a year and no reply, it wasn't until I resent an application did they reply that they had an opening which I then had to redo and resubmit my resume. After that It was declined again and held for another 12 months.

wevil

fuck u dicks i have left
HSC
N/A
well i applied 18 times & here how i got in

first u got to apply online everyday untill they call u back.

when they call you, they will ask you to come into your prefered store to do a test

the test is held on a thursdays & maybe other days

In the test you have to answer 45 questions within 5 minutes. I answered 35

then u got to fill out another application form with your personel details & why u wanna work for bigw.

a week later someone will call U to say the date & time of your interview.

dress smart in your interview & be nice & honest, take your time & bring cvertificate, passport & reference

in a few days time they will call you to say that you got the job & ur induction date

you will have to pick up your induction package from the front of the store & fill those documents in & hand it to the staff on induction date.

On the induction date they will tell you your first shift & who your manager is.

on your first day they will give u a pion to pin in & pin out ever shift

you are on a probation period for 3 months so dont fucking slack off just work hard & dont do stupid stuff

When i went in for the test & interview everyone else but me was in causla. i was in a buisness suit.

At induction everyone else wore casual clothing but i wore a suit

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
bscienceboi said:
They hold it for 3 months but anyone who walks up to the store and hands in an application they are chosen over online applicants.

Online applications are pointless most of the time especially with the Coles Co. stores. My application was held for a year and no reply, it wasn't until I resent an application did they reply that they had an opening which I then had to redo and resubmit my resume. After that It was declined again and held for another 12 months.
you mean a written application? big w doesnt accept written applications anymore.. well at least our store doesnt, we send anyone who comes in asking for an application or tries to hand in a a hand-written application away to apply over the internet like everyone else.. harsh, but its their choice i guess.

I do admit it took me a while to apply for the traineeship, by this time i had been working at the store 2 years. I kept getting an email saying there were no positions when i knew there was, so i had to apply a few times until they stopped sending me emails, dont know if it will work in this case though

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
_muse_ said:
you mean a written application?
I meant just a normal resume and online test. Questionairre and so on. Not BigW but specifically Coles.

Employers rarely check online applications unless they are new.

tennille

HSC
tina424 said:
Hey there everyone,

I was hoping someone out there would be able to tell me how to score an interview with Big W.

I applied heaps of times on the internet, they have advertised positions for Christmas casuals and some people I know applied at the same time as me and got a job and I never heard back from them.

I want to work at Wetherill Park, does anyone know how is a good person to speak to about getting a job there? :)
Don't work at Wetherill Park. Apparently the staff are quite rude there. You should work at Bonnyrigg instead. :)

J

jhakka

Wetherill Park are a bunch of bastards. They don't even have the courtesy to send you a rejection letter.

tina424

HSC
:) Thanx

I've been applying to big w like every second day now. They had advertised positions, which I applied for and got a response saying that they will get back to me within a week or so and they didn't. It's really not fair because I know people who applied to the same thing and got called for an interview.
Someone told me to ring up and ask about the status of my application since it says they will get back to you but they didnt. Apparently if you persist they will give u an interview. The person who told me this has a job now.

So what do I do? I rang up my store and asked and they put me onto the recruiting lady at fairfield who wasn't very convincing coz I know there are jobs, she is lying.

Please help. Does anyone know who I could ask for if i try and call again? I would prefer to speak to someone directly managing the store I want to work at, and preferibly someone friendly who will give me a chance. :)

Does anyone know who I should talk to at all? From wetherill park or bonnyrigg :)

Thanx guys.

J

jhakka

I've given up on applying at Wetherill Park. I don't like to work where I shop anyway. I'm going to be doing a whole bunch of Bonnyrigg applications.

I think the best course is to keep applying and hope you get lucky. I've been snobbed by Wetherill Park too. And although Bonnyrigg have occasionally ignored me, they have sent me a couple of "We don't need you" letters.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
tina424, yes keep ringing. If they don't know your face I don't think it can hurt.

modelzsuck

Kylie
HSC
Usually they wait till they need at least 10 ppl cause they dont like to wasit money training one person at a time, they wait till they can train 10 ppl or more at once.

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
hmm they're pretty cool about it in general i *think* just keep trying ... :eek: i applied online and forgot about it, like 2 weeks later they rang me for the store interview, went and then the next week i was busy/out ... i forgot to check my message bank thing at home for a week, and just assumed i hadnt gotten the job, but when i did check, they'd rung like 6 days earlier saying i got it and my induction was *blah date*. within that week i ended up missing the induction :p... but i just rang and explained and it wasnt a problem, they just sent me to the next induction :)

tina424

HSC
thanx for the advice guys, I was persistant and now I have an interview next week :) wish me luck

HSC
Just keep tryin ur luck over the net, and its comin up to chrissie time and if there short on staff they'll def be looking to hire.

Hiring occurs in groups however the interviews are individual so dont give up it took them rite on the end of my 3 months of applyin to contact me, and i only applied the once so dont give up

modelzsuck

Kylie
HSC
Yeah thats where you fill in a test then if they like it they call you back up for a single interview

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)