BIG words for Hamlet and RAGAD (1 Viewer)

peony

Can ne one have sophisticated words or big words for Hamlet and RAGAD to throw in an essay ? I got an exam soon so can ne one help ?

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Existensialist?

Appropriation?

Antidisestablishmentarianism? (Great word. :p)

Seriously, it is probably best to go with words you know the meanings of, and if you want to use new big words, use a thesaurus and dictionary. This is in order to avoid using a long word in an incorrect context.

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
lol, well put.
Antidisestablishmentarianism is a mad word. You can go on and on about how Hamlet is an antidisestablishmentarianist. Its so cool, everytime you write the word, it takes up one whole line, and the teacher gets purdy darn impressed.

:D

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Gregor Samsa
Antidisestablishmentarianism? (Great word. :p)

Seriously, it is probably best to go with words you know the meanings of, and if you want to use new big words, use a thesaurus and dictionary. This is in order to avoid using a long word in an incorrect context.
my english teacher reckoned only wanks used it when they wanted to sound smart but everyone knew they were a wank.

that being said, dont just go to the thesaurus to find big words that sound impressive, coz a huge amount of the time they wont mesh into the sentence properly.

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Grey Council
lol, well put.
Antidisestablishmentarianism is a mad word. You can go on and on about how Hamlet is an antidisestablishmentarianist. Its so cool, everytime you write the word, it takes up one whole line, and the teacher gets purdy darn impressed.

:D
I won a CD for spelling that word on the radio once

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
that being said, dont just go to the thesaurus to find big words that sound impressive, coz a huge amount of the time they wont mesh into the sentence properly.
Hence my recommending also utilising a dictionary. :)

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by slipper
what CD?
Something for Kate, it was pretty crap but thats not the point

HSC
pastiche!
I love that word....teehee
pastiche pastiche pastiche
sorry....
Oh yeahm, and it does work properly for R&G

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)