big yellow taxi (1 Viewer)

Bl0nDi3

HSC
anyone do this as a related text?? any notes??? thanks

HSC
N/A
It's been done many times for rftg as listed in the sticky...

It's really not too hard to self-analyse if you sit yourself down for a few hours. How much have you got on it so far/how have you found using it in prac essays so far?

Bl0nDi3

HSC
I've used it a couple of times just wanted to see what other people had to compare like did anyone analyse the music or just the lyrics???... Ooo and when you write your essays do you include comments relating your text to real life eg. mention the Al Gore interview or some other news item??? My teacher seems to think we should but im not sure...

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
I chose to mainly analyse the lyrics. I'm pretty sure I talked about a "smooth, laidback sound that compels the responder to keep on listening to it" or somesuch, but that's about all. Maybe in retrospect I should have, but I was so totally into the theme/concept thing that I wasn't interested in anything else :p

I didn't relate text issues to real life ones (which should be part of a separate related text). I'm sure it would be valuable to, but if it's not your thing then I wouldn't worry overmuch about it.

Bl0nDi3

HSC
My teacher told us to use these articles in passing to back up our argument of our texts not as related texts... would i be marked down for this??? i dont trust him very much... and has anyone used Jean-Francois Lyotard's theory in their essays?? I dont know how and where to incorporate it...i mentioned him in my intro. sooo sorry about all the questions but my teacher is pretty hopeless so i need aloooot of help :)

girlonfire

HSC
I really want to do this text and i have used it in the trials and in an assessment. I think there is heaps in there and i feel like i have a fairly firm grasp on it, but......my teacher doesn't think its substantial enough. She feels that i should look into some more of Joni Mitchell's song lyrics and use a "collection" as a text instead of one song. I strongly disagree because i feel that many students have successfully used this text in past years, but i don't know how to tell her that i'm not going to do what she says.

For everyone who has done this, did your teachers find it good enough?

PS. My teacher has only been doing RFTG since about term 2 this year.....we had some difficulties with our first teacher and illness, so we didn't have a proper teacher for most of term 1. I guess i feel like she's only saying this because she doesn't really understand the course.

HSC
N/A
^ My teacher wrote the RFTG module and gave me 100% for my Trials EE1 essay where I basically only analysed the lyrics of the one song, so I figure it's possible :)

As to Lyotard's theory thing - to me, that is very a uni-level thing to cover and from a moral standpoint I'd advise all of you HSC students to steer clear of it unless you have a darn good teacher or tutor who is able to sit down and explain the theory to you, and look at it's application blahblahblah.

girlonfire

HSC
Thanks Glitterfairy!

I kinda realised that it is so close to the exams, that she'll never really know if i do the one song after all, i just wont tell her!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)