BigBlogger Meetup - 22nd November 2006 (1 Viewer)

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
Considering that BigBlogger has now ended, I'm trying to organise a massive meetup where the Bloggers as well as all BOS Members are invited to get together, meet each other and just have a fun day out in the city.

Because of the possibility of large numbers, we needed a place that was large enough and we needed to do things that wouldn't require a large group wandering the city and getting lost from each other (and hopefully relatively inexpensive because I'm already broke) lol.

So after getting your initial feedback from my blog we've decided on the following:

When: Wednesday 22nd November 2006 (next Wednesday)

What/Where: A Picnic at The Domain! This way if everyone can bring some food to share for them and their group, a rug to sit on, games/twister/footy/whatever, that way we can all hang out and just bum in the city, get to know each other better and just have some fun!! I already know that the Girra Bunch are dying to verse ppl in a game of Footy :D

Time: I'm thinking Midday onwards. We can have lunch together that way and it gives time for everyone to travel into the city from far and wide :)

The Domain?! WTFZOMGBBQ?!: Huge park in the city opposite St Mary's Cathedral College. Catch a train to Town Hall then change for another city train to St James Station. It's about a 2minute walk from there and I'm sure you'll see a whole heap of other people to follow :)

So... Who's in? :D

Hope that you can all make it!!

Also, thank you everyone!

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
brogan77 said:
Yeah you gronks, or you could all come to the official BoS meatup on the 1st of december.
oh sorry, didn't know that that was on.

I won't be in Sydney thay day anyway...

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
I'm special, Priesty gets to see me in my natural environment x

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
wm_abusef said:
Considering that BigBlogger has now ended, I'm trying to organise a massive meetup where the Bloggers as well as all BOS Members are invited to get together, meet each other and just have a fun day out in the city.

Because of the possibility of large numbers, we needed a place that was large enough and we needed to do things that wouldn't require a large group wandering the city and getting lost from each other (and hopefully relatively inexpensive because I'm already broke) lol.

So after getting your initial feedback from my blog we've decided on the following:

When: Wednesday 22nd November 2006 (next Wednesday)

What/Where: A Picnic at The Domain! This way if everyone can bring some food to share for them and their group, a rug to sit on, games/twister/footy/whatever, that way we can all hang out and just bum in the city, get to know each other better and just have some fun!! I already know that the Girra Bunch are dying to verse ppl in a game of Footy :D

Time: I'm thinking Midday onwards. We can have lunch together that way and it gives time for everyone to travel into the city from far and wide :)

The Domain?! WTFZOMGBBQ?!: Huge park in the city opposite St Mary's Cathedral College. Catch a train to Town Hall then change for another city train to St James Station. It's about a 2minute walk from there and I'm sure you'll see a whole heap of other people to follow :)

So... Who's in? :D

Hope that you can all make it!!

Also, thank you everyone!
Sorry Jono, i highly doubt that i can make it on that day. Bah.
Unless you can push it forward a bit?

Bookie

Banned
HSC
yeh ill be there
is that a wednesday?

i think it is.

so yes.

oh wait it says it is.

i could delte a few lines, but i dont like editing what ive said

editings for pussies.

i dont know which readers of mine will be there, but ill be glad to meet, shake hands, rip people in footy, and personally sign laptops and/or screenshot printouts of your fave posts

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Bookie said:
i dont know which readers of mine will be there, but ill be glad to meet, shake hands, rip people in footy, and personally sign laptops and/or screenshot printouts of your fave posts

Whenever I see you, I want my chest signed.

webby234

HSC
N/A
Yep - I'll be there (at least for a while), it'll be great to meet all of you.

simmo89

HSC
In the unlikely event that I do go, I'm going to troll.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Screw my previous post, i'm in.
Who's brining the alcomOhol? >_>
Are we having a bbq btw?

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
we can do whatever you guys want to do.

are there bbq's at the domain? (i've never been so i wouldn't have a clue)

i don't think alcohol will be possible tho :( uno, the whole underage, alcohol in public place thing - we'll save it for the next BB Meetup! haha

if everyone perhaps finds a couple of friends who also want to come, then you can organise food together. if everyone say, brings enough food for 10 people, then we'll have enough food to last us for an hour or so... lol jks

don't forget games/footy and other general picnic-y stuffs too! :D

Can't wait!

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
wm_abusef said:
we can do whatever you guys want to do.

are there bbq's at the domain? (i've never been so i wouldn't have a clue)

i don't think alcohol will be possible tho :( uno, the whole underage, alcohol in public place thing - we'll save it for the next BB Meetup! haha

if everyone perhaps finds a couple of friends who also want to come, then you can organise food together. if everyone say, brings enough food for 10 people, then we'll have enough food to last us for an hour or so... lol jks

don't forget games/footy and other general picnic-y stuffs too! :D

Can't wait!
you can bring your own bbq thing? lolz.

Last edited:

Riviet

HSC
N/A
wm_abusef said:
Not all of us are underage though. :p

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
o_O

nooo iam working that day..

havent see my BOS mates for so long. =(

haf fun ~~ XD

edit: i will get gnat to say hi for me. =)

Last edited:

chris157

HSC
Now, someone made reference to BBQs in the domain. A bit of research tells me that BBQs are NOT permitted within the Royal Botanic Gardens or The Domain.
Hope that in some way that answers the question.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Hmm, close to 40 degree heat... *ponders*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)