Biggest Distraction During The Examz!! (1 Viewer)

razzarach

keep smiling :)
HSC
zenny said:
gosh you think your desk falling over is distracting? embarrassing, i'll give you that, and a good story nonetheless. however distracting is the following:

As i turn the page of my English paper 1 (the first and most nerve racking of my

exams) i have a feeling of encouragement as i have just aced the short answer

questions. As i begin to read Section II, i hear a shaking noise from behind me. as

i am sitting in the back row i thought this was odd. i turned around to investigate

and to my amazement and utter disbelief the most senile of our supervisors

(Alfred - very approprately named) had triumphantly managed to sit balanced on

a stack of 4 chairs that was at the back of the room. thinking this was very

innappropriate and distracting, i turned back around and refocused. As i began to

write my own amazing rendition of "Journeys over time" i am shocked as i hear an

enormous crashing sound as Alfred hurles onto the floor, 4 beige chairs coming

after him. whether out of an act of embarrassment or (as we later discover)

physical inability he stays there, motionless. 42 students are sitting in utter

disbelief as he lies there , turning whiter and whiter. Gwen (our also senile head

superviser, who has a severe case of verbal diorrhea and often talks 20-30

minutes into our starting time - telling stories such as if she got thru customs with

a knife (which she was using to eat an apple) on the way back from farewelling

her grandson who is going to army reserves then it is most certain that you can

get away with sending an sms of your answer to the person next to you - so be

careful) then rushes across the exam hall flustered, kneels down next to Alfred,

whips a seringe from his pocket and proceeds to stab in into old Alfy's leg and he

begins to come to. whether out of common courtesy they should have told us that

Alf was an insulin dependant diabetic is not up to me. however knowing that

passing out was a possibility, would YOU have attempted sitting idly on 4 chairs?

As the ambulance officers rush into the hall, we are reminded by Betty (these

names are not made up - and yes she again is a long retired supervisor on

borrowed time) that silence is mantatory in the exam hall and anyone found

breaching this rule would suffer the appropriate consequesnces ("such as zero for

this exam, or no result for the course" sound familiar?). Alfred is put on a

stretcher and wheeled out of the hall, and as an act of one last disruption we

hear the sirens blast out of the school. Gwen (still shaken, poor old bat) promptly

stops the clock and apologises for the disruption, and tell us that as we must sit

the for the exam today, her only option is to offer us extra time. As the entire

ordeal lasted about 40 minutes. we agreed on an hour extra time. and as Gwen

has already yabbered on for the first half hour of our exam and we started late.

and on top of that it took them about 30 minutes to fill out our blue sheets and

collect our booklets, apologising personally to each student. after all this, we

were finally allowed to go.

ANYONE ELSE FINISH THEIR EXAM AT 2:30 PM?????
dude.. that is so bad.. u have my symphony! lol it would be a good creative writing peace :p ohwell, at least u got compensated eh?

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
I've been told drummers are annoying. at least that's wat ppl tell me.
I can't c wat's wrong with it :)

bloodysunday

Galactic Hitch-hiker
HSC
oh and a slightly less distracting but irritating all the same thing that happens is all of the students coming out of the classrooms surrounding the hall at recess... there are signs all over the place saying "QUIET! EXAMS IN PROGRESS". But do they pay attention? nooooooo

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
Yeah Dougie I dont mind the drums either.. I wouldnt have cared if they played them to be frank... BUT THOSE DAMN CYMBALS... they werent drum cymbasl theye were the big ones... how is that being quieter? Im down the back of the hall so I hear it all... grrrr

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
i get told to shut up cause i tap so much, but it's barely audible. i think ppl just look up and see it, and it gets infectious. it's so hard to stop though... it calms me down!!! :)

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
lol, our hall is away from the music rooms thank god...but it's joined onto the school canteen - so thats always fun...
i think one of the biggest distraction's for us is one of the doors in the hall. it sounds stupid but its true: everything is deathly quiet except for the sound of the creaking door hinges as it swings back and forth in the breeze. then, occasionally, it slams. its not that its really loud, but you know when it's going to slam - everyone hears the wind and watches the door...but not a single supervisor attempts to stop it.
im whinging i know - my complaint is very pithy. everything little noise jst seems all that louder because its so quiet...and lets face it, we're all on edge, so it doesnt take much to make us jump.

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
that sux. like i said, the music rooms aren't close to our MPU, so we can't hear them, but i can still commiserate - i was in the same maths room for 4 years and every lesson there were music classes taking place in the surrounding rooms on that level - yr 7 takes a whole term to learn ode to joy on the glockenspiel - by the end you want to bang their heads against the glockenspiel until they promise to never so much as look at anoter musicla instrument again their whole lives. it wasn't helped that the the vents from the chemistry lab came up and opened right next to our windows, so we were also slowly poisoning away...

boz

CEO
HSC
Seed_Strife said:
, Far out how often does ur desk's legs just break off in the middle of a major exam in a silent school hall!!
maybe you were going through so much ink that the table couldnt handle the extra weight. That or your the incredible hulk.

bobby2004

Management
HSC
N/A
hey there. is anyone there i need some help with this site please.

aimstar555

HSC
well, my school does the HSC in 2 classrooms and not in the hall, God knows why. and these classrooms are as old as the skool and everytime a supervisor opens or closes the door, it creeeeeks like crazy!!! plus, our school is next door to a car smash repairer's garage-need i say ne more. peace out :)

Last edited:

yulabye

Calculators!!!!!!!!!!ahhhhhhhhhhh

the most absolute annoying thing in the world is the sound of calculators crashing onto the floor. i mean cmon wen one falls i think you be careful so that it doesnt fall again and then all u hear while ur doin the exam is calculators crashing one after the other. i swear during the 2 and a half hours a calculator fell about 10 times and i was like OH MY GOD!!!
it was funny though cause the person who dropped it would just look at it and wait for the supervisor to pik it up which was a bit slak at times!!!heheheundefinedundefinedundefinedundefined

Gilbert

TheLAD
HSC
N/A
How about a sneezing fit in the 1st 10 minutes of the maths ext1 exam. :D

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
having all the canteen ladies (our canteen is attatched to our hall) chatting away, LOUDLY

A2RAYA

You've done us proud boys
HSC
chardie2 said:
The Bloody Supervisors Whispering To Each Other All Throughout The Exams!
lol that and the sounds of the people who leave the hall as soon as an hour ticks over and u gotta listen to em outside yelling, screaming...some swearing during one exam.....and then ripping burnouts n revving the f**k out of their cars out the front of the school

the sounds u only hear during hsc time....its beautiful....unless ur still inside writing

^___ShabS___^

lol ..

english paper 1 .. i was sitting at the end of the hall .. and omg .. all i could hear and think about was .. water dripping ..it was on the roof of the hall .. and it was loud!

if only i could fake sneezing or coughing .. i am dying to do it for at least 10mins in any of my exams ..
i got bio and VA left .. and i wanna do something to annoy everyone :D
i wanna have memories! :D

HSC
I would have to say the biggest distraction was yesterday when we had our SDD exam. We got in there, signed the blue paper, then started filling out student numbers.......She's like, ok you can start your reading time............Im like ok fair enough......uhhhhh where is the exam paper?

They hadn't even put the exam papers on our desks, only writing booklets.....that put me off lol....

coroneos

nothing worse than the supervisor fukn texting on his/her mobile and then fuckn takes 5mins to give u another answer booklet!! i applied for a misadventure for that fukn reason..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)