billy elliot (1 Viewer)

gretchen123

HSC
can someone please and i mean please help me with billy elliot and this stupid essay question . its asking me how does moving into the world involve making moral and social choices making reference to billy elliot

Kat92

HSC
Ok, I will try to help you out. Although I don't know whether I am going to be of much assistance to you as I never studied Billy Elliot. Regardless, I have heard parts of it and will try to give a few pointers for you:

Morals- What does Billy value to be right or wrong. i.e. he believes dancing to be right and he develops this to become a professional dancer. This highlights a move that he is determined and passionate to pursue his dreams in the World.

Social- Individual preferences by Billy. i.e. although dancing is referred to as being stereotypically a female's profession and it is against mainly his dad's wishes, it is his social choice to aspire to be the best that he can be. Along the way Billy faces much slander and cruel words; however this never puts him off his ultimate desire.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)