binomial dist : ( (1 Viewer)

synthesisFR

しゃけ
HSC
yeah it’s kinda annoying but just use whatever u feel most comfortable with, trust me when I say it doesn’t matter
wait but like for example with sample mean: expected value is the same but variance is variance of the normal dist/ number of sample so its different? cuz unlike np(1-p) u actually need the variance in the first place???

could u clarify this a bit. using the two images i asked u about a few minutes ago. The mean salary has a sample but the people balding one also has a sample but in the balding one u can't use sample mean?? and the first one u can't use np(1-p) because u dont have the probability.

im rlly confused rn

carrotsss

HSC
wait but like for example with sample mean: expected value is the same but variance is variance of the normal dist/ number of sample so its different? cuz unlike np(1-p) u actually need the variance in the first place???

could u clarify this a bit. using the two images i asked u about a few minutes ago. The mean salary has a sample but the people balding one also has a sample but in the balding one u can't use sample mean?? and the first one u can't use np(1-p) because u dont have the probability.

im rlly confused rn
why not? I’m the balding one you can definitely use any method and in the first one you can find probability with standard deviation

variance is just npq or ig pq/n for the normal

don’t overthink it just use the formula which makes sense

synthesisFR

しゃけ
HSC
why not? I’m the balding one you can definitely use any method and in the first one you can find probability with standard deviation

variance is just npq or ig pq/n for the normal

don’t overthink it just use the formula which makes sense
ok kinda makes sense
i think i just need to do the past hsc papers soon and see if i can do those

carrotsss

HSC
ok kinda makes sense
i think i just need to do the past hsc papers soon and see if i can do those
yeah

imo u should focus less on what aligned mark ur tracking for though since realistically it’s never gonna be a perfect prediction anyway bc of factors on the day, just do the study and you’ll be good

synthesisFR

しゃけ
HSC
just asking why do they then teach all this stuff e.g sample proportion etc when u could just use npq and np for every question or sample mean for every question

synthesisFR

しゃけ
HSC
IMG_0AB163C6D09F-1.jpeg
can someone check if part c is right. its just Bernoulli yeah?????????? i swear if its a formula im missing im gona give up

synthesisFR

しゃけ
HSC
IMG_EA7E62AB5087-1.jpeg
how much do i have to write for part a
is it just n>30. or do i have to talk about how follows a success vs not success thing and independent as well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)