Binomial Help PLS (1 Viewer)

pencilspanker

HSC
Hey guys having heaps of trouble with binomial, would be great if someone could help with this question!
https://gyazo.com/e0b5251a4a6f2123f58967e4d7049c04
Thanks.
FYI I think the result in ii) you will get n(n-1)2^n-2 i think that is correct atleast thats what i got maybe the question is written wrong
But anyways i need help with iii) just dont know how to start

InteGrand

HSC
N/A

ichila101

Split arrowhead
HSC
Uni Grad
for part iii) to start off you are proving mathematical induction so you can start with proving the left side = right side by substituting n = 4 to both sides then go on from there.

a hint for part ii) is to look carefully at the expression and remember you are differentiating with respect to 'x' for the expression n*x*(1+x)^(n-1)

integral95

HSC
for part iii) to start off you are proving mathematical induction so you can start with proving the left side = right side by substituting n = 4 to both sides then go on from there.

a hint for part ii) is to look carefully at the expression and remember you are differentiating with respect to 'x' for the expression n*x*(1+x)^(n-1)
You don't use mathematical induction in HSC unless otherwise stated.

in iii), you differentiate part i) again, then multiply both sides by x, sub x = -1, then add this with part ii) then divide by 2.

ichila101

Split arrowhead
HSC
Uni Grad
You don't use mathematical induction in HSC unless otherwise stated.

in iii), you differentiate part i) again, then multiply both sides by x, sub x = -1, then add this with part ii) then divide by 2.
My mistake

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)