bio or va =/ (1 Viewer)

jaCksonn

HSC
here's the thing -

i'm not sure if i should drop bio (which i find boring) for va (which i find fun :))

the only things thats keeping me with bio is that i want to pursue b.veterinarysc which says its "recommended" and that im considering keeping it for year 12 as for 12u since im not sure if ill be able to cope with 4u maths D;

suggestions?

(if it helps im doing: 3umaths,2uadv eng, chem, phys, bio, sor)

Rainie

HSC
Do the subjects you like and you'll get better results. Nothing is recommended in university, but its good to have assumed knowledge. But bridging courses are always available.

If in doubt, don't drop yet until your mid-year exams and see how you go. Personally, I did a bit of prelim Biology and found it boring and dropped. But what I hear about HSC Biology is really interesting and fascinating. And now I wished I hadn't dropped Biology in the first place.

The better idea would be deciding in term 4, when you really get stuck into the HSC content.

Good Luck!

jaCksonn

HSC
Haha.

Thanks for the reply, but i might be dropping bio and va regardless to get 10u for yr12, so that probably changes things i think?

I probably should stick it out...until term 4 when i'll struggle to decide whether to do 10u or 12u

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
if u like VA then do it,
u probably wont need bio, and doing 3 sciences would be quite boring...VA would be a change every few periods.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
VA. Go with what you like.

lou071

HSC
N/A
here's the thing -

i'm not sure if i should drop bio (which i find boring) for va (which i find fun :))

the only things thats keeping me with bio is that i want to pursue b.veterinarysc which says its "recommended" and that im considering keeping it for year 12 as for 12u since im not sure if ill be able to cope with 4u maths D;

suggestions?

(if it helps im doing: 3umaths,2uadv eng, chem, phys, bio, sor)
if it is recommended studies, doing biology gonna help you, so if i were you i would do it. and scaling wise, biology scales better than va:)

HSC
No need to really worry much about 'Recommended' or even 'Assumed knowledge', unless Bio is a prerequisite; do VA

sinophile

HSC
N/A
pick sit at home and play computer

HSC
I do VA and i personally find it very very brilliant that i can sit and read about art and just draw and paint and stuff and actually have the marks go towards my HSC!

The course is 50% theory, so if you don't like writing and analysing art then it may not be so wise. But if you don't mind theory, then do it!

Do what you like and do it well!

sundirtwater

HSC
i do both bio and art and love them both!
i find bio nice and easy and art is losta fun...:)

though in yr 12 i think i am going to drop art over bio coz i'm not so committed with major works...

but in the end...
go with the one you love more? (art)
and less importantly
the one could you get a decent mark in? (i.e vet sci is pretty competitive...ey???)

jaCksonn

HSC
but then i've been wondering whether or not to have a backup subject (ie. not 10u) in the case that i'm doing 4u maths...which i think would be a good idea

in this case. bio>va

but i may end up dropping va/bio for the 10u...

soporific

HSC
i think you should drop bio.

you are doing 3 sciences... not that there's anything wrong with that (heaps of my friends are doing that) but if you find it boring, doing visual art will give you a wider variety.

i was suppose to do VA in yr 11...but don't think i could handle 14 units as i'm already struggling with 12.

ugh. it's late and i can't get to sleep :( anyways GL with your choices!

phosphorescent

You make me sad.
HSC
I agree with the above poster, do VA.
Doing three sciences will be quite tiresome, I assure you. Unless you are a science nerd, by all means, go ahead. Having some variety in your subjects is good, and dropping Bio for VA is a good decision (because you enjoy VA).

Besides, Bio doesn't scale all that much better than VA, so scaling should not really be a concern.

And also your concern about Bio being required for B. Vet. Sc, it's not a prerequisite, meaning you don't HAVE to have it. And if you're really worried, there are bridging courses.

Do what you enjoy, you definitely won't regret it.

HSC
I agree with the above poster, do VA.
Doing three sciences will be quite tiresome, I assure you. Unless you are a science nerd, by all means, go ahead. Having some variety in your subjects is good, and dropping Bio for VA is a good decision (because you enjoy VA).

Besides, Bio doesn't scale all that much better than VA, so scaling should not really be a concern.

And also your concern about Bio being required for B. Vet. Sc, it's not a prerequisite, meaning you don't HAVE to have it. And if you're really worried, there are bridging courses.

Do what you enjoy, you definitely won't regret it.
are you serious? bio doesnt scale much better than VA?

HSC
you seem to be doing a lot of maths/science subjects.

as someone who has a aptitude for maths/science, but more of an interest in arts; it is refreshing to go to an art lesson and relax, and be able to express yourself.

i'm not sure if that is relevant to you, but if it is, it's something to think about.
:eek:

in the end, it's up to you. but if youre going to have 12 units, it may be good to have some variety.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)