Biology = English + Economics (1 Viewer)

S

Shuter

Did anyone else feel like that exam was more like an english task, and some economics thrown in?

I mean there was so much "evaluate" or "assess the impact on society" or "how has this increased your understanding".

Halfway through some of my answers I felt like I was going to start talking about the increase in Gross Domestic Product! (for the communication ones anyway).

bestkeptsecret

HSC
hey yer i thought it was alot to do with englsih stuff.. there wasent much knowledge based questions
most of em u could have bullshitted your way through

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
I understand the english part, but where does economics come in (i dont do it so maybe i missed something)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
acmilan said:
I understand the english part, but where does economics come in (i dont do it so maybe i missed something)
"What have been the impact on society of these technologies..."
"How has Australia's quarantine done this and preserved our place etc etc"

S

Shuter

I just found in communication the 7 marker on "how has this impacted society", I found myself going off saying "this has made these people no longer a burden on society and don't have to use up resources, they can instead be active members which thus increases the standard of living for them and the society as a whole" which is virtually strait economics.

mayhemily

HSC
umm well seeing as it was written in english, yes. But other than the whole thats-our-language thing, um, no. Not at all.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
"What have been the impact on society of these technologies..."
Haha now what other science subject have i heard that in...oh yeh physics!

fuckfoot

has no soul
HSC
eh, all the sciences are humanities subjects anyway.

sgt

heh i agree shuter....
actually u could have said increased employment from cataract treatment ...relate it to the economy....its still impact on society
i felt like i was writing an essay on impact of globalisation for for the 7 mark question

S

Shuter

sgt said:
heh i agree shuter....
actually u could have said increased employment from cataract treatment ...relate it to the economy....its still impact on society
i felt like i was writing an essay on impact of globalisation for for the 7 mark question
Haha actually I did I think. I just had so much time left so I included it all.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
sgt said:
heh i agree shuter....
Or, more directly, I wrote about a decreased proportion in nursing homes and on disability pensions, and hence a lesser financial strain on the government.

I wrote about how the cochlear implant has led to greater financial flows into Australia as the cochlear implant company has been sold to several countries. I also wrote about how deaf children are able to attend mainstream schools because of the cochlear implant. This reduces the financial burden placed on their parents because deaf schools are expensive. I also wrote about how the cochlear implant has created division in the deaf community. This is because some members of the deaf community believe that the cochlear implant imply that they are inferior and that deafness is an illness that must be cured. I remembered that from my Design and Technology Case Study. So another subject in the Bio exam-DTECH

jazmine1129

withoutaface said:
i reckon that particulay was really crappy its got practicly nothing to do with like, scientific fact

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)