biology-exp helppppppppp (1 Viewer)

rodie

HSC
does any one know of any ways you can model pasteurs experiment to identify the role of microbes without having to use that bent glass tubing( s- shape)?????? coz we have to do this exp at home at obviously i dont have those s shaped flask or the bent glass tube...any other ideas??plz help!!!!

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
get two soups, cooked, one with cling wrap, the other wise out... leave for 3 days, observe...

rodie

HSC
but the one covered with clingwrap is not going to be exposed to air & microbes prob wont get in....???? arent both supposed to be getting air but one should trap/ prevent microbes getting in??

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
then get a swan neck....

or... i am not sure how well this well work, but poke little holes on cling wrap...

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
You can't poke holes on the cling weap because the microbes would get in. :D

Instead of using the glass flask with swan neck, you can replace the glass with a bottle with a plastic tube in an S shape.

rodie

HSC
hey.....use of plastic bottle and plastic tubing sounds good.........but then i wont be able to boil it in the bottle to sterilise it...i would prob have boil it and then transfer it t the bottle..but wouldn't it get contaminated again since i would be exposing it (the one that ur supposed to keep sterile & free from microbes) to air and microbes again after sterilising it..so??????

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Then use glass bottles and plastic tubes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)