Biology hsc exam who ready!! (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilylullaby

HSC
To: simplyyme.

In summary:
DNA unwinds
- next it unzips
- RNA polymerase occurs resulting in the RNA strand
- this is transported to the cytoplasm where RNA binds to ribosome
- the ribosome contains the start codon (AUG)
- tRNA with anti- codon and amino acid attached binds with the mRNA strand
- a second tRNA attaches and this continues with the amino acids forming a chain
- the first tRNA is released and only two tRNA can be present at a time, bringing the anti- codons and amino acids
- a polypeptide chain is formed
- the "stop" codon is reached where the polypeptide chain is released into the cytoplasm

I hope this aids you, apologies if the reply is late and for myself, this was a troublesome area too but textbooks make sense after a few readings.

Xcelz

HSC
visualising this process is the best way to learn this.

CAUTION: WEIRD VISUAL PROCESS BELOW.

just imagine a ladder unzipping (DNA), another new half a ladder comes and binds onto this original half (mRNA). this NEW copy collects the genetic information and goes to float into the jelly. (cytoplasm)

it finds a planet(ribosome) in the jelly where it can finallly rest because it is tired. this strange guy(tRNA) a comes up to it and starts dropping on him some acids(amino acids). this suddenly stops (stop codon) and after his rest on the planet he goes back into the jelly as a new formed polypetide.

lilylullaby

HSC
I would create a diagram but seeing as I am unable to find an application and am hopeless at laptop technology, etc...I cannot.

By any chance does anyone understang flocculation completely? My biology task isn't informative enough...or I simply don't understand it...

Xcelz

HSC
assuming this is the treatment of water.
flocculation is the mixing of chemicals with water. this suspends the particles, allowing them to be removed. lots of microbes may be present on the particles.

could also be called coagulation.

Last edited:

lilylullaby

HSC
Oh...so it was that brief of a definition. Thank-you for the answer Xcelz.

Good luck, confidence is the key to not "freaking out and having a lapse of memory"...that or just not caring I suppose.

Xcelz

HSC
yeah it is just 1 of the processes involved in the treatment of drinking water. just in case you didn't know, here is a summary of the processes involved.

• Coagulation – involves addition of chemicals, e.g. alum. Causes dirt and other solid particles to clump together.
  • Filtration – Water flows through filter to remove solid particles.
  • Disinfection – Some pathogens may still be present so Chlorine is added. (chlorination).
  • Reduce risk of infection by filtrating out pathogens and destroying any that remain by chlorination/disinfection.

The Land Of Procrastinating.. Which is in the same
HSC
READY AS CAN BE

..to epically fail and fuck up my future.
/die hsc.
Hear hear. If I pass I will be over the moon! I still have not had time to go over Health/Comm yet. FML.

.. But I passed Trials and I didn't study.. And Trials are meant to be harder than the real thing right?

Screw it. I'm pulling an all nighter. It's all I can do, if I sleep I'll forget everything.

I deserve this for not studying sooner. Stupid Maths/Ancient/English/SOR for getting in the way!

lilylullaby

HSC
Thank-you...oh, apologies for the immaturity but yes, I did do my homework...what you should write is to do your homework well, I suppose.

Xcelz

HSC
Thank-you...oh, apologies for the immaturity but yes, I did do my homework...what you should write is to do your homework well, I suppose.
bah it's been there in my sig for a year and considering homework is finished for all of the 09 year maybe i should take it out.

lilylullaby

HSC
...thanks...sorry if it was offensive.

Is it neccessary to know Proto-oncogens?

Xcelz

HSC
...thanks...sorry if it was offensive.

Is it neccessary to know Proto-oncogens?
i didn't take offense.i was just joking around. i don't think it is necessary but it will make you sound intelligent if you use the word.

lilylullaby

HSC
...can you explain what a "sig" is and how to apply it?

Oh and what are those senior members, impossible things under pseudonyms?

Xcelz

HSC
ok well a sig is a signature, it is a message that occurs under every post you make under the black line.

you can create one by going to the User CP and clicking on the option on the LHS which says something like "edit sig". then type a message that you want people to see and press save. now it will be under your posts.

Xcelz

HSC
and the name under each user such as "senior member" and "assistant member" is generated automatically determined by someone's post count. this message won't show up if you choose to customise the "custom user title". this is where you making your own title. this option can be found in the User CP "editing details" section.

Xcelz

HSC
night all. good luck to those all nighters and to guy saying "bring it on bio" i salute you.

if anybody has any q's you can leave them on here and ill answer them early tomorrow morning. around 5.30.

zazzy1234

Banned
HSC
ahhh thanks

another question!

Quarantine, main features and an example!
AQIS, inspects good and serivices that r taken into n brought into australia. such as citris canker, which is found in hot wetlands and cn effect the citris conditions in austrlian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)