biology marks (1 Viewer)

JUB JUB

HSC
How good is studying biology for your UAI? - scaling, difficulty etc.

what did people get last year?:(

mannnnndy

chocoholic
I think bio only gets scaled up a bit when they calculate your uai (Im pretty sure it doesnt get scaled down), but its not like if u do 4u maths or something like that where it scales heaps. I got 85 without having to be a bio nerd:p Its not that hard to go well in bio, its mainly just memorise stuff and be able to answer questions the way the BOS wants u to. Which means pay attention to the words they use in the question, like evaluate, analyse, assess, etc. If you know the material well you'll be fine:)

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
I think bio is a pretty neutral subject...it doesn't get scaled up or down too much, I think...
I got 86 for the HSC, and was pretty disappointed, cos I know I could have done better...last years bio paper was absolutely ridiculous though-they concentrated on really insignificant parts of the syllabus, or asked really broad questions that you wouldn't even have needed to study for to answer. It was an exam where you could really go either way with. :(

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
actually bio gets scaled down as a matter of fact for both 2001 and 2002.. this is because the scaling depends on how the candidature performs in their other subjects..

but if u do bio and get a good mark the scaling won't really affect ya.. actually the marks are generally lower than those of other sciences eg. phys and chem and not many ppl get band 6 for bio i think its about 2% compared to 7 or 8% for other sciences

perhaps that explains why esl gets scaled betta than standard cuz them asian (i'm one) ppl do 4u maths, phys, chem etc and do really well

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
hehe i failed all my assessments for bio in year 12 and studied my arse off for 2 weeks b4 the HSC. i ended up with 66. i expected to fail so it wasnt too bad. but that probably doesnt help answer your question. :rofl: oh well

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Originally posted by tammer
hehe i failed all my assessments for bio in year 12 and studied my arse off for 2 weeks b4 the HSC. i ended up with 66. i expected to fail so it wasnt too bad. but that probably doesnt help answer your question. :rofl: oh well
hey, were u the person who hated bio?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)