• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

BIOLOGY or PHYSICS? (1 Viewer)

Season

HSC
I found biology fairly easy and switched because it was moving too slowly for me. I found there was lots of memorisation and very little problem solving which to me is just boring. Physics makes you think more, and keeps me awake too. Its interesting though when various diseases are explained. The immune system and the brain is pretty mind blowing :p

pc4pc

HSC
biology all the way for me. i didn't know jack shit about cells and things coming into the course and i'm doing fine. who gives a fuck if the subject of physics is limitless. OP wants to know, or should want to know what's more beneficial for his/her HSC.

HSC
N/A
Physics.

Nothing further.

EDIT: S1MO- not all. =P But... man, the course had so many chunks cut out of it and people are still complaining that it's hard. At this rate in another ten years it'd be dumbed down to the extent that the question are all along the lines of 'define acceleration' and 'name the force that does [whatever]' and so on.

Last edited:

sparkle83

HSC
Biology, lol. Not that I'm biased or anything... *says she who is graduating from BSc biology in July this year*

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Lucid Scintilla said:
Oh, seriously, that's an uncalled-for statement. Sure, it may be tacit opinion of us Asians {I assume you're Asian, too}, but, in all seriousness, that's the least bit true.
There are "smart" Anglo-Saxons around; take for example, the hopeless-at-maths anglo-saxon {sic} guys who actually founded the many fields of science.

In modern times, my school has a disproportionate number of 'whities' who are smart.:eek: Then again, who's to say whether they are smart, or the 'Asians' are ~smart, that is, I suppose, "dumb"? It's all relative.

Physics, for sure, without a doubt.
Nothing further.
True. Its was really a bit of a joke than anything else. But yeah, i get your point.

Oh, and as for me being asian, uh...see my sig? See what it says?

Proud to be Egyptian.

And thats what i am. :)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
sparkle83 said:
Biology, lol. Not that I'm biased or anything... *says she who is graduating from BSc biology in July this year*
Congrats! What field of biology did you major in at what uni?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)