Biology Predictions/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

stormii

HSC
HEY guys, does anyone know what type of methods they could ask us to write?

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
just to confirm all, i need to know what accommodation of the eye is and how it works?

vypherpus

HSC
guys I haven't done past papers nor revision and I only passed trial exam by four points do u guys think im gonna pass tmr :cool:

dsakvyilsa

HSC
"The development of internal fertilisation was essential for complex animals to move onto land." Roach 2021
Justify this statement with reference to named examples of internal and external fertilisers.

excuse me but what the flip, would a human be counted as a fertiliser im so confused
external fertilisation only works in a fluid medium, so land animals literally just can't do it lol. you could probs mention basically anything, reptiles or something may be a better example for internal fertilisers since they were some of the earlier land animals

Last edited:

SASH_06_X

HSC
just to confirm all, i need to know what accommodation of the eye is and how it works?
Accomodation is basically the process in which the eye sees objects at different distances and maintains clear images of the object by convergence and divergence of light. So in order to form a sharply focused image on retina, lens must change its curvature to refract light by correct amount. When the eye views distant objects, the ciliary muscles relax, drawing the sclera back and holding the suspensory ligaments taut. This reduces refraction of light. To focus on close objects, the curvature is increased by ciliary muscles contracting, drawing sclera forward and releasing tension of suspensory ligaments, allowing lens to become rounder and refracting light to a better degree.
kinda long but hope it helps lol

thirdpartycookie

HSC
For all those doing the Biology HSC tomorrow, who did the 2022 HSC Biology Paper (as practice) recently, what did you all get for raw marks? I'm just asking in comparison to see if I'm above or below what I should be getting...

I got 84

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC
For all those doing the Biology HSC tomorrow, who did the 2022 HSC Biology Paper (as practice) recently, what did you all get for raw marks? I'm just asking in comparison to see if I'm above or below what I should be getting...

I got 84

eduiwqh23

HSC
if they put that dot point on the aboriginal medicine nah im not doing it

im on 5 hrs of sleep for this subject
It's not that bad you could literally talk about tea tree oil, and how it's used for everything - anti-fungal cream, pimple/acne cream, used to sooth sore throats and colds, disinfectant room spray,face wash, antiseptic, herbal oil for stomach aches

Retrodawn

HSC

I got 84
95 but my school rarely gets b6s in bio lol

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC
  • investigate the use of data analysis from a large-scale collaborative project to identify trends, patterns and relationships, for example:
    • the use of population genetics data in conservation management
    • population genetics studies used to determine the inheritance of a disease or disorder
    • population genetics relating to human evolution

What do you guys have for this dot point lmao

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)