Biology state ranker's mark (1 Viewer)

Myans

HSC
Yep, if you were put in as equal first you wouldn't have gotten 1st in the state tbh. You would have probably been pulled down by the other person to 2nd or 3rd.

Congrats btw :)
Having said this, I was put in as Equal first in for Legal Studies and topped the state. So you never know.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Having said this, I was put in as Equal first in for Legal Studies and topped the state. So you never know.
True but either you did much better than everyone in the state, or the person you tied with got close to 1st in the state as well. Otherwise they would pull your mark down a bit since your internal mark is the average of you and the person you tied with.

Myans

HSC
True but either you did much better than everyone in the state, or the person you tied with got close to 1st in the state as well. Otherwise they would pull your mark down a bit since your internal mark is the average of you and the person you tied with.
No. Internal mark is the average of the two best students from the cohort. The guy I tied with got 94 external. There was a girl that came about 6th/7th who blitzed the exam and got the same mark as me. But you are correct in the sense that without that performance from another student, I wouldn't have came first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)