biology students (1 Viewer)

muselara

Melb Uni
HSC
i also hope to get 85+...i'll be happy with 80+ too... all i was saying was im confident because of 90+ internal assessments but obviously that could mean nothing compared to the hsc exam :)
only time will tell...eek

Yaz88

CEO
HSC
yeh im totally pumped!!!!!!!!!!! i wanna kill the biology exam (aiming for high band 6).... my favourite subject.... with biology its just a matter of reading your notes and understanding but also memorising.... i find its the best science subject for easy marks.. study pays off

Bo-batron

HSC
white_spazzy said:
just thought i would wish you the best of luck, do the dot point summaries and your marks will improve...almost sure of it. and remember...some of those "im going to get 90+" people are just leading themselves into a false sense of security. i hope to get 85+, yet i am human enough to admit that there is only a chance of this if i study hard. i totally doubt that there is anyone who can possibly say that they hope to get 90 and wont study.

once again Good Luck, i am sure you will do fine
Hey man, thanks heaps. I started doing the whole dot point thing for Bio today with a friend (while she slaved over her Maths text books....poor girl). It does help. And now feel a little more confident. I hope you do get 85+ or over, because frankly, people like you deserve it. Yes, study is the only way a lot of us will reach that goal, and if I somehow ace this exam, I may reach the goal I am hoping for!
Thanks again, good luck! Let's smash this exam!!

HSC
did they do biology on the same day as maths? isnt that bit stupid considering those 2 subjects are like the most popular

Bo-batron

HSC
Casmira said:
did they do biology on the same day as maths? isnt that bit stupid considering those 2 subjects are like the most popular
No, bio and maths aren't on the same day... tomorrow they've got advanced and general maths, and bio is on this Friday. Sorry if I caused some confusaled-ness! :)

HSC
shellybelly087 said:
omg? lol im soooo underprepared. i dont focus well, and nothing sinks, so i prefer to study for exams in the 2 days leading up to them. i wont even post my bio trial results. you will all faint from my crappyness
Your results cannot be worse than mine. Bio is my absolute worst subject, but I have been trying to improve, but I just don't get it.

I hate biology.

Bo-batron

HSC
idontbelieveit said:
Your results cannot be worse than mine. Bio is my absolute worst subject, but I have been trying to improve, but I just don't get it.

I hate biology.
I will reassure you all by letting you know that I am probably the worst when it comes to Bio results.... 38% in my trials... does that make you all faint? :p

Yes, I hate Bio too, and is my absolute worst subject also
.... but am working hard to get A LOT better this time around :p

orchid_violet

HSC
oh, I hope to do well.... but with all the other exams, and Bio being my last ... everything I have studied tends to fade......... Came first in my year... hope everything goes well...

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
im too worried about maths at the moment to even spare a thought for biology. Fuck my teacher was the laziest cow. Ive learnt nothing. :(

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
*head explodes due to attempting to memorise every single step in every single experimental procedure in the syllabus*

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
HAHAHAH we did 2 pracs the entire year. No joke, TWO. in fact, i think one of them was for year 11!! the enzymes and milk and junket one, and the other one was limewater/carbon dioxide one. OMG.... every single exam, i look at the questions asking for procedures for certain experiments, and i always think "well, this question would be easy... IF WE'D DONE THE STUPID EXPERIMENT!!"

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
Your teacher must be a fucktard...oh hey, I think you said something similar earlier in the thread :p

We've done every single prac but 98% of the time I've been too lazy to pay attention. The Board must have had a real easy job in creating the Bio paper, because one sentence like 'Outline the steps you took in simulating Pasteur's experiment' would be worth what, 5 marks?

Bo-batron

HSC
shellybelly087 said:
HAHAHAH we did 2 pracs the entire year. No joke, TWO. in fact, i think one of them was for year 11!! the enzymes and milk and junket one, and the other one was limewater/carbon dioxide one. OMG.... every single exam, i look at the questions asking for procedures for certain experiments, and i always think "well, this question would be easy... IF WE'D DONE THE STUPID EXPERIMENT!!"
haha, I can relate. For my trial, we had a question on a prac that we hadn't even done! That wasn't exactly their fault though, because our school never got the trial paper they ordered (it just... never turned up) so they had to quickly grab the Catholic paper from a school close by. So yeah... they took that question out once they'd been marked. But still, a lot of "ARGH....OHHH ARGH!" In the exam :p
I always find the prac questions troubling though.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
I didn't know there are SO MANY bio students here! Where are you ALL in the Bio forum??! :D The number of posts here is like 1000 times more than the total posts in the bio forum combined! :D

And GOOD LUCK everyone for the Bio exam!

123kahlie

HSC
dnT woRRy

idontbelieveit said:

I hate biology.
Hey mate! do not worry! because i totally suck at bio as well! i hate it.. i didnt even choose it (dam small school... shotty subject lines:(_) i swear i totally suck and ill just be sitting in the exam crying he he he !

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
Survivor39 said:
I didn't know there are SO MANY bio students here! Where are you ALL in the Bio forum??! :D The number of posts here is like 1000 times more than the total posts in the bio forum combined! :D

And GOOD LUCK everyone for the Bio exam!
theres a biology forum?! NO SHIT!!?? haha. wow. might (not) go in!

Bo-batron

HSC
Let's just make a forum entitled - "I hate Bio, and I totally SUCK at it!!"
By the looks of things, it would go right off. I'll be a sure member! :D

white_spazzy

but why?
HSC
i'd be there, not that i hate bio, but simply for the opportunity to try to give some advice to people who have the ability to excel but are blinded by stupid teachers who cant make the course fun. can anyone tell i wanna be a teacher?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)