• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Biology vs. Economics (1 Viewer)

Schoey93

HSC
i guard a bridge how do you think my life is?
I know someone who guards a bridge. She's too scared to get over it, so she guards the bridge to stop her friends from crossing it.

She guards a metaphorical bridge. Is your bridge metaphorical or real?

Didn't you just say you were leaving?
Today is my last day on BOS. I won't be back for a long while. Maybe I shall never return. Anyway, bye!

ilikebeeef

HSC
I have experienced the economy. I have experienced banks charging ridiculous ATM access fees, inflated interest rates and big business ripping off the little guy. I have experienced my divorced parents quarrelling over money (ie child support) and abusing each other because of money. I haven't studied economics, but from what I understand, the existence of money makes the average Joe a slave to paper for his whole life while he works for 'the man' (government).
You clearly don't know the Economics syllabus.

Economics is probably an interesting subject. I am interested in how money influences human behaviour. But I don't want to study economies, because their existence is paralysing.
-.-"

I wouldn't call 3 weeks of prelim 'experiencing' a subject. You need to actually complete a few topics and study for a test before you really know what its about.

Also, your knowledge of the economy from the things you mentioned arnt a good indicator on HSC economics. Actually learning a subject in school and reading tidbits about it in real life are two very different things.
+ infinity.

Are subjects about tests? No. I study the subjects I do because I am interested in them, not to get a buzz from doing well in tests.
Not everyone sees subjects the same way as you, Schoey. Especially not on this forum.

The next mistake in your post is that you have misinterpreted what I said about the economy. My opinion is not based on 'reading tidbits'. It is based on my actual life experience of the economy. Money drove my parents apart.
Yes, that indeed makes you an expert on the HSC Economics course. Not.

You don't understand. You're yet another person who enjoys criticising people and watching them squeal.
Do you understand why we get annoyed at your posts?

I didn't say that!

Where and when did I say that OR 'my opinion is the most authoritative guide in the universe on life issues'?
Your posts suggest it. If you want people to stop assuming then make your posts clearer. I've said this before to you.

HSC
hi :) well i dont do biology but i do economics and i love it! i also have alot of friends doing bio and eco and most of them much prefer eco! apparently theres a lot of homework with bio

ilikebeeef

HSC
hi :) well i dont do biology but i do economics and i love it! i also have alot of friends doing bio and eco and most of them much prefer eco! apparently theres a lot of homework with bio
?? Prelims bio is like the bludgiest thing ever. My class never got any homework.

I did Prelims Bio and Eco and I prefer Bio.

twistedrebel

HSC
I do Biology. I have experienced it. Do you enjoy being rude to me? Do you try to find any reason you can to upset me?

I have experienced the economy. I have experienced banks charging ridiculous ATM access fees, inflated interest rates and big business ripping off the little guy. I have experienced my divorced parents quarrelling over money (ie child support) and abusing each other because of money. I haven't studied economics, but from what I understand, the existence of money makes the average Joe a slave to paper for his whole life while he works for 'the man' (government).

Economics is probably an interesting subject. I am interested in how money influences human behaviour. But I don't want to study economies, because their existence is paralysing.

The OP may be more interested in economics than me and may detest money less. If this is the case, he or she should study economics, as he is uninterested in biology.
economics=/=economy 2 totally different things

also business studies=/= economics and commerce=/= business/economics. I speak from experience not out of my ass like some people in this thread.

To OP: Choose what interests you or year 11 will be painful and boring for you. If you hate bio, everyday you have bio you will dread it.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
economics = read paper/watch abc news

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)